AD's Poster Challenge

I want to create some posters but I have no ideas on subject matter and whatnot. So I'd like some guidelines to create a few. That's where you guys come in, just offer suggestions of different advertising posters I could create and I'll do them. They can be wrestling, music, sport, anything. They don't have to be for real events either, they can be completely fictional.

If that wasn't clear enough, I guess I'm basically asking for a graphics battle ruleset for a poster, only I have no opponent (although feel free to hijack and have a go at the suggested posters yourselves).

Go!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Great American Bash Poster with Rey Mysterio as the main centerpiece just like the real life poster. I would like to see your try as I do believe it could be better then real life as it does seem plain.

gabposterlp4.jpg

Yeah not my best but it looked better than my first attempt :P

Comments and criticisms are welcome as they will be with all the posters I do here.

That not bad. Pretty good graphic with not much flaws that I can point out. But I don't know if it is just me, but I don't catch this poster striking enough. I mean it does have a great look, don't get me wrong, but I don't know, just something about it doesn't convince me that it is your best.

That not bad. Pretty good graphic with not much flaws that I can point out. But I don't know if it is just me, but I don't catch this poster striking enough. I mean it does have a great look, don't get me wrong, but I don't know, just something about it doesn't convince me that it is your best.

Create a hype poster for your favorite NFL team (*cough*cowboys*cough* ;)) hyping the upcoming season, include some players, and a slogan for the upcoming season..."Return to Glory" and the like would be a good example of a possible slogan used for sports teams. If you don't understand what I mean by slogan, let me know.

Edited by Cole

Roger Goodell has gone a step further with his cracking down on behaviour. Chris Henry, Pacman Jones and Tank Johnson have all been ejected from the league. However, in an effort to boost sagging ratings, the NFL Network has launched a new reality show (for which you can create a name and logo) that pits the three of them against each other in a series of competitions and tasks designed to a. test their physical talents and b. improve/test their mental character and ability to not be stupid lowlife criminals. The winner gets offered a contract with a new expansion team coming in next season (name/logo up to you, or you can ignore this bit entirely), obviously with a behave-or-get-the-fuck-out-of-our-league clause.

I thought you don't know what you should do. So I thought that you are maybe interested in doing such a poster. No one did it and so why not :unsure:

If I do yours (which is a request since you posted in the sub-forum a few times, rather than a suggestion of a theme I can use to help develop my graphical skills) I'll get a bunch of other people coming in and asking for diary posters and whatnot. I want suggestions for poster subjects, not requests that you're going to use elsewhere. These are for my portfolio only.

And anyway, it's my thread I can turn down any suggestion I want :w00t:

It's May 2008, and the Premiership season's coming to an end. Tevez and Drogba each have 30 league goals, and the title-deciding Man Utd vs. Chelsea match is coming up. Create a poster hyping the match, using Tevez and Drogba as focal points. Red and blue should be heavily featured in some way.

The GAB poster looks great, but I reckon the logo and text at the bottom would look better above the red layer.

Design a poster to get people to rally behind the England 2018 World Cup bid. You have to design the logo, feature some players likely to feature at the tournament, remember it's 11 years away so Gerrard and Lampard probably won't be there, and something to make it distinctively English. Obviously, it's your design, so you can tweak those guidelines if you please, it's just an idea. ;)