2007-2008 NBA Thread

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's not really trash talking. LeBron didn't have to say that they were targeting him as I don't think they are. As Haywood said, it's the playoffs and intensity levels are turned up.

I mean, yeah, DeShawn Stevenson's a retard but I'd hardly call what Haywood said as trash talking. Though the mocking bit probably wasn't necessary, not a huge deal.

The NBA is just like every league in that the MVP votes are done taking the regular season into account and that's it. To be honest that's the way it should be too, otherwise somebody who had a good playoff run could win it, eliminating a more deserving player for the regular season.

And while Howard's had a good year, I wouldn't put him above Garnett, much less Kobe or Paul.

Edited by Autopilot

The 1-8 and 2-7 series are both tied at two in the east. I don't know who to blame for these games when Detroit just don't come out and play. I have to blame the players in part but isn't it the coaches job to get them ready? Either way its frusterating as hell to watch them and not knowing witch teams is playing from half to half even. If Detroit lets them take another game in detroit, they are in trouble. We'll see tomorrow.

Ya know, even if the Pistons get by the Sixers, I'm not so sure that they'd certainly get by Orlando. Dwight Howard's a fucking monster and has some solid shooters around him. I have my doubts, granted, the Pistons can still do it, but something doesn't feel right this year. It's as if I can sense that those dry spells and lapses in play will continue to haunt the Pistons throughout the playoffs.

So, any doubt the Lakers are the best team in the league? Anyone? Bueller, Bueller, Bueller?

Because they swept a team that plays no defense and takes horrible, horrible shots?

We'll see how they do against Mr. Duncan and the Spurs or CP3.

I'm pretty pissed that Detroit has let this series be even remotely even thus far. I like the Sixers and live back and forth in NYC and Philly, but being a guy born in Detroit - I obviously want them to win. They did good the second half of the game 4, but I'd attribute that more to the Sixers not managing to keep the lead and play their type of game. If Detroit would stop riding off their '04 NBA championship victory and start working harder, maybe they'll get back to the fucking finals.

Lakers have an easy ride to the West final though, if the Spurs get through they'll probably have to play six or seven games in the semi's. I'll take the Lakers in 7.

I really hope the Sixers and Hawks upset the Celtics and Pistons. I can't see the Magic beating either of the top two, but we should be able to beat any of the others.

Yeah, I'm sure Bruce Bowen can just take Kobe out. :shifty:

I take the Lakers over anyone. They're the top seed in the west for a reason, and Denver is better than Atlanta, and look at the Celtics. I do think that LA/NO or LA/SA would be great series, though.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I know the WCF will be a great series with either LA against New Orleans or San Antonio. Lakers have to get some good wins on the road against the Jazz to put them away as quickly as possible, and we all know that Utah have the best home record in the league. I'd still take SA over LA in seven, but I'm not so sure about CP3 and the Hornets to be honest. The lack of playoff experience may hurt them against a much stronger, more experienced team.

The difference between Atlanta and Denver is that they've built momentum in their series, and actually have been playing much better defense then most would think. Denver plays virtually no defense at all, and against a powerful, well-rounded team against the Lakers, that's going to cost them. And obviously, it did, although I would've never thought that they would've got swept. The Hawks can run the court just as well as Denver in my opinion due to their young stars, but they know how to get back on D, which is something the Nuggets can't do, despite what Allen Iverson says about their high offense playing. Add that to the fact that the Celtics aren't as fast or effective on offense then the Lakers (right now, anyway).

I'm not saying that Atlanta is better then Denver, but they sure are playing a hell of a lot better against a number one seed then Denver did. I know there's a big difference between the West and the East and the Lakers/Celtics, but it's not like the Celtics are a mediocre team. Atlanta's just hungrier then Denver, that's all.

I think the biggest difference is that, outside of Gasol, this LA team has pretty much been together since Shaq left, and its been a progression of guys getting better and Kobe finally trusting them thats gotten them where they are. The Celtics are good, but they've only been together a year. I think LA would have swept Atlanta too, but I honestly do think LA is the best team in the league, and I think that we'll see that next year, for sure.

The only team in the West that scares me is San Antonio. New Orleans is good, but LA can run with them. Utah is good, but I don't think they can stay with LA. San Antonio can't run with LA, but you can't count them out. They're the defending champion for a reason. LA has always played them tough, though.

Karl Malone is apparently a pedophile.

No link, but saw this on another board, its from the Buffalo News.

Bell is the son of Malone, but the Mailman had no role in Bell's success except passing along athletic genes.

The two have had very little contact during Bell's life. His mother, Gloria Bell, reportedly was only 13 years old and Malone a college sophomore at Louisiana Tech when Demetrius was born. Malone might have served jail time had her family asked the district attorney to file criminal charges.

RealGM.com has a link to it, I can't say it changes my opinion of him as a person either way due to the the fact it took him so long to claim a set of twins as his own, but it's still sad to see someone that a lot of people looked up to as a role model being able to be labeled anything, especially something as bad as pedophile.