Fire Pro Wrestling Returns coming to the US

It looks awesome.

Has it been said when it comes out in North America?

Do you have to create the TNA/ROH/Indy rings, and how easy is it to do so?

Is there any kind of season/career deal?

I get the feeling that creating customized rings based on real promotions is going to be exceedingly difficult without a codebreaker or a max drive. The videos containing the TNA/ROH rings were probably taken from modded games running on a PC.

Are you trying to say that the game is being ran on the PC via an emulator? Cause if you are, that is totally incorrect.

Edited by Riceman 4K

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/811/811300p1.html

IGN has an article up on the game now. It's a PS2 exclusive. Nice.

It says that logos and rings are customizable, and the Promoter mode sounds pretty awesome. Kinda like the SVR GM Mode I guess, except you're not as limited really. If you create enough people, I supposed you'd have an entire gameworld to play with.

On that note, for people who've played it, can you change the names, attires or movesets of pre-created workers in the game? You know, so that when I choose Misawa, I'm not playing with a guy named Mysaweh.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/811/811300p1.html

IGN has an article up on the game now. It's a PS2 exclusive. Nice.

It says that logos and rings are customizable, and the Promoter mode sounds pretty awesome. Kinda like the SVR GM Mode I guess, except you're not as limited really. If you create enough people, I supposed you'd have an entire gameworld to play with.

On that note, for people who've played it, can you change the names, attires or movesets of pre-created workers in the game? You know, so that when I choose Misawa, I'm not playing with a guy named Mysaweh.

August 7, 2007 - Stateside wrestling fans may be in for a treat later this year when Agetec finally debuts one of Japan's most coveted and exclusive franchises to the US, Fire Pro Wrestling. The series has been huge in Japan for years now, highly praised for its deep fighting mechanics and full-featured customizability options.

The Japanese version of Fire Pro Wrestling Returns has been lauded by the franchise's hardcore fan base as the best in the series, and its US version promises to be a strong translation. The game will feature multiplayer support for up to eight players, and a wide number of match types will be available, including everything from Singles to Battle Royal and even the Electrified Barbed Wire Ropes Exploding Deathmatch. Best mode name ever? You be the judge.

Not quite down for the count...The creation options sound endless. You can create and save hundreds of wrestlers, each with their own unique moves, look and AI. As well, you can create your own referee, ring, logo and even belts. And for more personalization, the Promoter mode allows you to create your own wrestling show and attempt to lure the biggest wrestlers to compete on your stage.

Fire Pro Wresting Returns will be released in North America exclusively for the PlayStation 2 this holiday season for what we're told will be a "nice price". The exact dollar amount eludes us for the moment, but we expect it to come in at $19.99 or less.

The logos you see are patched in. There is some kind of Promotion creating and you can do a lot of things you would not expect, but these guys do english patches for the J games and do outfite and logochanges right with it. (different patches but they work together)

Have i ever showen of that i actualy bought this?

fireprowrestlingzbox.jpg

A bloody canopener (seriusly, they painted blood on it) a useless book (it´s japanes but you can smell how 90% of it are shit like moves and wrestlers that were in the game) and the most awsome cellphone accesory ever, a smal ringgong that makes DING~! if you pull the strip!!!

That would be FPW Z.

I just wanted to check z out... original disc dos not work right now o.O skiped throu some DVDs, saw i had returns downloaded and patched after all... you have to love it wen "illegal" and alterd works better than an original game... :-D if there are any questions i might try to answer them, i seem to have the stage 4 patch on it (most recent would be 5) so there issent everything english.

read this ;)

http://www.fireproclub.com/firepror/guides...plete_guide.pdf

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

What about something like the Swap Magic, which is basically a disc that boots the PS2 and allows you to play burned copies of games...would that work with the patched game? I dont have one, but a friend of mine does and I was thinking about getting it, so I want to know if it would work.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! FPW was the reason I bought a GBA in the first place, so having it on PS2 will rule!

To anyone who's played the import, what's the CAW on this version like? Is it just like the GBA version where you have to search for an entire head design that looks the way you want, or can you mix faces with hair styles and beard styles? That's the one complaint I have about the CAW of the GBA games.

If it´s only about logos and renamed wrestlers you can also get it don with savegame import/export tricks like maxdrive or whatever it´s called. A real need to patch and burn an image is only there for most parts of the translation.

If i see it corectly there is no storymode in revenge like it was in Z and several other games, i don´t know about the promoter mode yet... there seems to be somekind of choise betwen one night and several nights but i don´´t realy have the time to look into it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anybody heard any news on a UK release? Everything I've found has only mentioned the US, which is worrying :ohwell:

I would expect it to be released through Europe.

I know where I can get my copy from, hopefully early aswell :)

Need to get the PS2 back from the brother though. I have the Japanese version, and it's not as good as King of Colosseum II, but it is good none-the-less.