Fire Pro Wrestling Returns coming to the US

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Pro_Wrestling_Returns

If you dunno what it is ^

From fireproclub.com:

We have recently acquired the rights and received approval from SCEA to publish Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for the North America and Europe. I’m the localization producer working on this title and I am thrilled to be doing so. I admit that I am not a “hardcore” FPW fan, however I am a “hardcore” gamer - always have been and always will be. Those who are familiar with the approval process at SCEA can understand that getting this title approved was not an easy task, however the gameplay greatly outweighs what some would consider poor and/or dated graphics.

With this being said – I would like both the NTSC and Pal version to be as authentic as possible. I am looking for some help from both the Fire Pro Club community and some key people who I can work closely with that have a solid and complete love for the series.

Cheers,

Mark

FUCK yeaaaahhhh. I'm gonna run out and buy it, buy it, buy it when it gets here.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds pretty cool, but what console are we talking about?

Edit - Well, there's mention of PS2 in the wiki article. I guess I'll chalk that up to PS2 then. I'm glad I hung on to mine, because I've been wanting to play a firepro wrestling game for years.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Not that I've played the game, but it seems like the create a wrestler and editing is simplified, but in a good way. It looks like you don't have to spend an hour on one guy (I'm looking at you Smackdown) but you can still get a CAW that looks true to life (within the games confines).

I'll see if I can dig up a roster.

Edit - Try this link, Fire Pro Stuff

Scroll down to the "Wrestler Stats", download that, open it, extract the files, and you should get all the workers stats, it's categorized by federation.

Specifically, it's under the FAQ's section, and the link is titled "FPR Default Wrestler Stats".

Edit 2 - You can do fucking shoot fights? In an Octagon? That is fucking awesome. This game has an incredible amount of match types, fuck some watered down Elimination Chamber with shitty AI, I'm going to fucking ground and pound a sucka.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Guest Cattle Mutilation

This is great. I've heard Fire Pro is a great series, but I've always been too busy to mod my PS1/2 and all that stuff. So this is great, and I'll definitely picking up a copy because I'm so tired of the WWE SVR crap.

Does the Fire Pro in Japan use the real names of wrestlers, or is it the watered down versions that we get when they were brought over here for SNES\GBA? Does KOC keep the real names? Blah either way, it'd be nice to have the real guys instead of someone with a thesarus sitting there finding new names. I'm not going to complain though, I've always wanted to play a proper wrestling game but I'm not all that much for getting my consoles modified.

out5_img_5.jpgout5_img_4.jpg

out5_img_6.jpg

Annnnnnnd;

GO 2 SLEEP;

http://www.spike.co.jp/fr/wmv/go2sleep_32.html

Edited by Moe Shamslak

Gamespot's reporting on this now, too.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6175782.html

in other, breaking news, it looks like the FPC forums are full of cunts. Didn't see that one coming~

Edited by Simply Cloudy

I picked up a used copy of the GBA version and had a bit of fun with it, though it was kinda frustrating at first. The only other Fire Pro experience I had was an imported copy of the Dreamcast version that I couldn't get through because all the menus were in Japanese. But I'll make sure to pick up this PS2 version, especially since...

No price has been announced for the game, but Johnson said it will see release at a "very low" price point.