Football Manager 2008

Dan

I think your just supposed to delete the file fake.inc, not the entire folder, could be wrong though

Elsewhere, started a game with Leeds on the 8.02 patch and played about half a season and I was doing rather well. However, the next time I went to load the game, it said that there was some kind of problem and the game wouldn't load. Anybody else had this problem?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, the end of the season came for TNS, finished 2nd and in the Euro Cup, lost both finals to Llanelli, and the Cardiff job came up, I applied and the TNS fans and board were calling for my head so I resigned, Cardiff turned me down, here's a list of just a few clubs to turn me down:

Motherwell

Fiorentina

Getafe

Arsenal

Then eventually I declared interest in the QPR job as they were recently relegated to League 1, and immediately I got the job and I'm now back in England looking to take QPR into the Championship and beyond. 3 clubs in 3 seasons thus far, this is going well...

Started a game with TNS. Currently in December, the only defeat came in July in the CL qualifiers 1st round.

Beating teams 3-0 for fun. John Toner has scored 27 in 23 appearances, Calliste (Free transfer) has 14 in 18 appearances. Michael Wilde and Ronnie Morgan have 5 and 4 respectively. And those are just the strikers. Also, my defence has only conceded 19 so far.

Brought in Ryan Hall AML (Crystal Palace), Leslie Thompson AMR (Bolton), Mills and Riley DC's (Tottenham) and Williamson DL (ManC, i think) on season long loans.

Hoping to win at least the league and one more domestic cup, and then moving to the Championship.

Edited by nabeel

Anyone know how I can stop my traditional 'mid season slump'? I usually get it at no matter what club I'm at, but i'm with QPR and since January I've got 4 league wins in about 4 months. Only got 6 games left now and i've slumped from 2nd (by 5 points) to and its now touch and go whether i'll even get the play offs. I've tried slagging them off, praising them, axing players, changing formations, but i cant seem to get any form whatsoever. Any tips would be welcome! My usual formation and team is:

GK:Jason Brown (think thats his name, got him from Wigan)

Def: Damien Delaney, Fitz Hall, Danny Collins/Michael Mancienne, Stephen Wright

Mid: Mika Aaritalo, Martin Rowlands, Akos Bukasky (spelling?), Darren Ambrose/Kieran Lee

Str: Daryl Murphy, Andy Carroll/Dexter Blackstock

Edited by SilentBob2004

Just started a save at Benfica, starting in December.

Won the UEFA Cup in the First Season, beating Zenit in the finals.

Then, i sold all the crap that they have there. Bought two nice Left and Center Defenders (Cesar Peixoto and Geromel)

Star Player is, without a doubt, Cardozo. Scored 44 in the first season, and has scored 41 in 43 so far. So yes, he's to good for my team <_<

Lineup

GK: Quim/Moreira

DL: Sepsi/Peixoto

DR: Nelson/Magalhães

DC: David Luiz/ Geromel

DC: Miguel Victor/Edcarlos

MC: Petit/Miguel Rosa

MC: Katsouranis/Romeu Ribeiro

AMC: Adu/Dí Maria

AMC: Carvalhas

AMC: Rodriguez/Coentrão

ST: Cardozo/ Nuno Gomes/ Dabao

Edited by Colossus

Finished 11th with West Ham in my first season, then finished 6th and in the Uefa Cup in my second season. The board want us to challenge for the league this year. Shall be interesting.

So Napoli fired me after losing 3 in a row against Inter, Milan and Juve. Laudrup gets the job, while Man City fire Sven. Allardyce jumps ship and I get Newcastle. Laudrup is fired soon after, after getting them into relegation spots.

Anyway, Allardyce left Newcastle in 14th, with a pretty good team, but many tough matches. They were out of both cups, and only around 10 matches left. I managed to finish 12th, with matches against Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool and only played Portsmouth of the lower table teams. Now the board are on my back for losing the FA and Carling Cup, which is bullshit. Anyway, I got Billy Sharp from Portsmouth for $5m, along with some mexican striker with potential on a free. Currently I need a backup keeper, hopefully one that can replace Given, and a midfielder as Emre is shit and Maloney is just decent.

As long as I don't get fired for Sam's fuckups, I'm happy. >_>

EDIT: And what the fuck is up with Giovani dos Santos? He's been getting contract offers for 2 years straight from Barca, and a couple from Milan, but hasn't signed a single one.

Edited by estebanmon

I won my first cup, yay!

It took seven years, but that means it's even more rewarding. Won the UEFA Cup with Tottenham with a 2-1 victory over Fiorentina. Ended up third in the EPL after dominating until January where half my squad got wiped out with injury. Pretty much came down to me vs. Arsenal in the second last match to see who'll finish second and unfortunately they won :(

Saivet still got third best EPL player and finished with the highest rating of 7.90 after only playing 21 matches or something before breaking his leg. Had a bit of financial trouble in the second part of the year (although, a lot of teams seem to be having financial difficulty now) so I might have to let some of the older players go (King, Diogo are off).

And Robbie Keane retired after being let go and is now a chairman. I'm just waiting for a consortium led by Keane to buy us out now >_>

Does Adebayor turn out to be any good? He never seems to score that much whenever I play as Arsenal even though he has very good stats, i always end up selling him to someone in Spain where he bangs them in for fun. I've seen posts on other forums that say he's one of the best players on the game.