Football Manager 2008

Dan

All I can remember in regards to my Arsenal game is that Eduardo scored more goals than everybody else put together, including Adebayor. I imagine his stats will receive a convenient boost in the next FM game. :shifty:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In my Arsenal game, Adebayor is ALWAYS the highest scorer with 30+ goals. Also ends up winning the Player of the Year in December of the first season.

Gilardino had a shitty fucking season. 3 goals in the Premiership? Fuck off, he's out for Bojan now.

I've also brought in Marcelo. We're supposed to win the Premier League this season, and we were well off the pace last season finishing in 6th again.

Started a game as QPR, decided to go for safe mid-table this season. Bought in a few players, Kevin Phillip for £130k the main one. He's been annoying though, came on at half time in my league cup 1st round game against Bristol Rovers, scoring both goals, then hasn't scored again. The only striker scoring right now is Sahar, and he buggers back off to Chelsea in january.

Currently 12th in the league after 18 games, so right where I need to be. Out of the league cup (4-0 to Villa), FA cup hasn't got to me yet.

It's a good job that Loftus Road is a fortress!

After 1 point from the first 3 games, Rowan Vine and Chris Killen have hauled my QPR side into the top 6 after 10 games. We've managed to go unbeaten at home so far with only 3 points taken away from home. Typical for me on FM. Still, despite spending £20million, the board are only looking for a top half finish.

My team...

GK: Lee Camp

RB: Stephen Wright (Signed from Sunderland)

CB: Fitz Hall

CB: Michael Mancienne (On loan from CHelsea)

LB: DAnny Collins (Also from Sunderland)

RM: Martin Rowlands

CM: Jorge Valdivia (Signed from somewhere foreign for about £4m)

CM: Akos Buszaky

LM: Darryl Murphy (Sunderland again)

CF: Rowan Vine

CF: Chris Killen (£3m from Celtic)

Managed some impressive results so far... 5-3 at home to West Brom and 3-1 at home to Charlton. Our solitary away win came at Plymouth... courtesy of an own goal. I've also got Luis Jimenez (from Ternana, on loan at Inter) coming at the end of the season for around £5m... he's FAR too good for the Championship. Awesomeness.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

I sold Lescott and Jonas(I think that's his name, he's an argentinian winger) for a combined $72m, which highly useful. I replaced Lescott with a 22 year old mexican defender for $22m and got Mark Gonzalez for the left wing at $25m.

So far, Sharp and Carroll have scored 6 a piece and Owen's still in great shape with 11 goals in 10 apps, making us the highest scorers with 27 in the league. Gonzalez has been awesome, ripping right defenders, of which there is a lack of pretty much everywhere, assisting 7 goals and scoring 3. Mexican defender had a great start, but right now is rotating with Taylor to play with Dawson, who's a monster. Given still gives great performances, so no need for a keeper yet.

I hate Rooney. God damn, he scored 4 goals, 2 almost from the circle and the others outside the area. What an ass. We threw dirt on his performance when Leonardo Ponzio scored a brilliant piledriver, letting us win 5-4!

Currently 2nd in the league after 10 games a point behind Chelsea and a point above Arsenal, Villa, Pompey and Sunderland in that order.

Yeah that's what I thought, this is 2009 when Fergie retires and I expected Keane taking over or a big name manager. I check a few weeks later and Gunnar's got it. It was awesome.

:w00t: I got my PC back and my saved games and everything are still here.

Time to play as Zenit St. Petersburg again :D

EDIT:

deleted my Everton game, it didn't interest me no more, so now I am playing as AC Milan, most of the team are 30+ so I am trying to clear up my squad now. :)

Edited by Sick N Twisted

I did the double in my first season as Arsenal in a network game. Won the league with 7 points clear of Chelsea. Liverpool were a comfortable third, with my friend controlled Manchester United just making up the top four.

Beat Milan in the CL final, an Adebayor hat-trick getting the job done. I've got Sergio Aguerro coming in, and quite possibly Yaya Toure, though Barcelona are reluctant to sell.

Turns out my selling Toure to Milan in January for 36 million wasn't a faux pas after all. Kompany more than made up for it with a brilliant second half of the season.

Out: Almunia - 10m to Man City, Eboue 7m to the Arsenal retirement centre down at Fratton Park, Senderos 9m to Zaragoza, i think, and Toure 36m to Milan.

In: Kompany 22m, Richards 46m, Sakho 400K.

Rejected several lucrative offers including Van Percie 41.5m from Barca, 18m for Denilson from Inter and 22m from Inter for Clichy.

Edited by nabeel

Fucking Newcastle. They expect a respectable league position, I get to the UEFA cup and they tell me they're disappointed because I only got a respectable league position. Then they complain because they don't think I'll be able to challenge for the title in 2 years because I only finished in a safe midtable position. And now they fire me.

And just to add insult they hire Allardyce who had left them in 14th two years ago and finished 14th with Man City this season.

Man City offered me the job and I took it. Hope they get relegated and die. I only regret leaving Gonzalez and Sharp in that sea of cold blooded bastards.

I'm FINALLY playing this game. I got it for christmas but my cd drive has been broken, just got it replaced and am able to play.

But this game takes the piss. I started a season as the Rovers, only made one signing (Richard Offiong) and two loanees from Blackpool & Fulham (Scott Vernon, who is poor, and Robert Milsom, a young winger who hasn't been given much of a chance yet). I've played 6 games and sit 21st with 5 points <_<

I should've beaten Bournemouth, totally outclassed them and had tonnes of shots...but lost 2-1. All looked good against Bristol Rovers, but then Pipe 'flukes' an indirect freekick into the net on 82 minutes, I went mental. Somehow, Hayter managed an injury time equaliser to save a point, but it was still frustrating. My last match...well, threw away a 2 goal lead at home to Hartlepool, after McDaid put it into his own net on 82 minutes. Now my three midfielders are injured and my left back is suspended after receiving 5 yellow cards in 7 games (WTF!?).

Lol, 46m for Richards. :lol:

Easily one of the best players in the game when he is older and on his day.

I've seen ridiculous prices over the last 7 years online that would shock you more than 46m for Richards.

I'm FINALLY playing this game. I got it for christmas but my cd drive has been broken, just got it replaced and am able to play.

But this game takes the piss. I started a season as the Rovers, only made one signing (Richard Offiong) and two loanees from Blackpool & Fulham (Scott Vernon, who is poor, and Robert Milsom, a young winger who hasn't been given much of a chance yet). I've played 6 games and sit 21st with 5 points <_<

I should've beaten Bournemouth, totally outclassed them and had tonnes of shots...but lost 2-1. All looked good against Bristol Rovers, but then Pipe 'flukes' an indirect freekick into the net on 82 minutes, I went mental. Somehow, Hayter managed an injury time equaliser to save a point, but it was still frustrating. My last match...well, threw away a 2 goal lead at home to Hartlepool, after McDaid put it into his own net on 82 minutes. Now my three midfielders are injured and my left back is suspended after receiving 5 yellow cards in 7 games (WTF!?).

Have you downloaded the most recent patch yet? 8.02 I believe it's called. A lot of the "unrealistic" stuff has been taken out in the patch.

No, I'll have a route around for it in a bit, not downloaded any patches yet.

Is there anywhere to get the proper badges & kits for all the Premier League teams? The lack of official badges & kits is annoying me and I'm sure I've seen something to fix it about somewhere.