Champions League Season 2007/2008

Herr Matzat

I'll join in the Italian bashing. I also hope none of them get into the final. Based purely on Milan knocking us out last year.

That being said I think AC are more likely than Inter despite Inter being stronger domestically recently. The red and black of Milan have vast amounts of Champions League Experience all over their first team and the flair and class of Kaka that can win them games single handedly.

Inter don't have that in my opinion, they have a lot of players with question marks over them in the champions league and I would be surprised if they got past the first knock out stage.

I left Lazio out because frankly they don't stand a chance.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ringmaster

AC Milan aren't a particularly good side, if I'm to believe James Richardson (which I will). Take Kaka out and they're reasonably ordinary.

How? Anyone who watches Milan's games should clearly be able to see that Pirlo is much more important than Kaka. They absolutely died without him for the early part of last season. People can praise Kaka all they want, without Gattusso to do the tackling and Pirlo to do the passing, Milan will struggle even more.

Edited by Ringmaster

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ringmaster

The excerpt from Ronaldo's book where he claims Roma players begged him to stop scoring totally make it seem like an awesome read >_>. I'm not even sure why there's a market for 21 year old tools to write books when they don't really seem to have anything interesting to say. They could at least wait 'til they're in their 30s and have actually had a career in football.

In any case, this week seems to have some good games. I wonder if the offensively reinforced yet defensively turned to shit Roma can actually do better against Man Yoo, and Valencia/Chelsea should be fun to say the least.

Quite enjoyed the first half. Not many chances, but I come to expect that after the thrashing we gave them back in April. If Utd lift their game a gear we'll most definitely score in the 2nd half.

...I hope we do anyway. Nice to see Sporting leading too, what with the "relationship" we got going on with them and all.