The Official Halo 3 Topic

The Kraig

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have desiredtoe on your XBOX Live and you invite him to a game, it's not always me. My little brother uses my account to play online, so sometimes if you invite desiredtoe to a game, you may be getting my little brother.

And my little brother is better then me at Halo online.

Edited by Toe

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/10/04/te...ade-stick-evar/ AWESOME

Far outstrips my pathetic attempts at sending frag grenades over the man cannons trying to get a lucky kill.

Also, Dragsy gets points for calling it man cannon. All the non RvB Halo 3 Beta video watching fags (KOU) can burn in hell with their other names.

I just call it cannon. :P

But surely a cannon implies a generic offense weapon. Man cannon implies it fires men, though obviously it has other uses like the frags and viechles. I'd say it's predominant use was men though.

RvB didn't call it the man cannon...Bungie did.

...so?

Anyway, I have a vid of Fizzy commiting suicide which quite amused me. It's up in Slot 1 of my file share, dunno if I have to be online for you to get it. I assume not since it goes through the process of actually uploading it to somewhere but not 100% on the logistics of all this.

I had completed four levels of the campaign of my own, then did the fifth level with a friend over XBL. I got the achievement for completing the level, then my friend had to go. We exited the game and I resumed my single player campaign. I thought I would start after the fifth level, on the sixth level.

But it loads me up at the beginning of the fifth level again, which I just beat. Do I really have to go through it again? or can I just carry on with a friend tomorrow and get the achievement for completing the game at the end of the last level? Cos given the choice between redoing level five and completing the rest of the game on my own, or continuing from where I left off with a friend... I'd much rather continue with a friend. It's much more fun that way.

Anyway, I have a vid of Fizzy commiting suicide which quite amused me. It's up in Slot 1 of my file share, dunno if I have to be online for you to get it. I assume not since it goes through the process of actually uploading it to somewhere but not 100% on the logistics of all this.

I had completed four levels of the campaign of my own, then did the fifth level with a friend over XBL. I got the achievement for completing the level, then my friend had to go. We exited the game and I resumed my single player campaign. I thought I would start after the fifth level, on the sixth level.

But it loads me up at the beginning of the fifth level again, which I just beat. Do I really have to go through it again? or can I just carry on with a friend tomorrow and get the achievement for completing the game at the end of the last level? Cos given the choice between redoing level five and completing the rest of the game on my own, or continuing from where I left off with a friend... I'd much rather continue with a friend. It's much more fun that way.

Halo 3 related - anyone have the Halo 3 Limited Xbox 360 console? My bro won one (long story...) and it arrived this morning, but he's not back from uni yet and obviously I can't open without him. And now I'm about to go off to work, so I'll have to wait even longer. :(

It's going to look stupid though, cause he'll have to use the hard drive from his premium on the Halo 3 one to carry over his save games etc. Is there a way to transfer data across hard drives?

And Marsh, if you want to continue yourself, level six should have been unlocked for you when you completed it with a friend, so as GZ says, you'll be able to select it from the menu.

Fuck, this game is not easy on rookies. Me and my mate were playing ranked doubles, and we were supposed to be finding games with people of a similar skill level. Ended up with shotty snipers on Snowbound. I'm not great with a sniper rifle, but I barely got chance to use it. Two steps, dead. Respawn, dead. There was nothing I could do. And I find it hard to practice and get better when I'm getting so thoroughly destroyed by people who are supposedly at the same level as I am :/ I figure it's because msot people are veterans of the series, whereas this is my first Halo game, but still, it;s bloody frustrating at times.

Fuck, this game is not easy on rookies. Me and my mate were playing ranked doubles, and we were supposed to be finding games with people of a similar skill level. Ended up with shotty snipers on Snowbound. I'm not great with a sniper rifle, but I barely got chance to use it. Two steps, dead. Respawn, dead. There was nothing I could do. And I find it hard to practice and get better when I'm getting so thoroughly destroyed by people who are supposedly at the same level as I am :/ I figure it's because msot people are veterans of the series, whereas this is my first Halo game, but still, it;s bloody frustrating at times.

Dragsy,

I agree with you, but I think it is because so many people are familiar with the FPS genre, whether it's Halo, Half Life, Unreal Tournament, etc... that a lot of the lower ranked players are only lower ranked because they have just bought Halo and are yet to work their way up the rankings yet. I get just as frustrated at never being the winner, I'm often never anywhere close to the top of the scoreboard. I find the best way to solve this is to have a private game with friends.

I must say though, playing with the better players and such does allow you to improve. When I first started I was hopeless, I have definitely improved through practise. Slowly but surely.

Dragsy,

I agree with you, but I think it is because so many people are familiar with the FPS genre, whether it's Halo, Half Life, Unreal Tournament, etc... that a lot of the lower ranked players are only lower ranked because they have just bought Halo and are yet to work their way up the rankings yet. I get just as frustrated at never being the winner, I'm often never anywhere close to the top of the scoreboard. I find the best way to solve this is to have a private game with friends.

I must say though, playing with the better players and such does allow you to improve. When I first started I was hopeless, I have definitely improved through practise. Slowly but surely.