Sept. 11th, give the hip-hop game chemotherapy

Lowerdeck

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to hear the definition of "southern talentless bitches".

T-Pain, Piles, Hurricane Chris, Yung Joc, Chamillionaire. I like to include Akon though he's not southern.

Ludacris and T.I say Fuck You.

I haven't been a fan of either since their older albums. They're kinda average to me. Both are overrated IMO.

T-Pain, Piles, Hurricane Chris, Yung Joc, Chamillionaire. I like to include Akon though he's not southern.

I haven't been a fan of either since their older albums. They're kinda average to me. Both are overrated IMO.

Lil Wayne is the best mainstream MC out right now, I'd agree with that. Southern rap is where it's at right now, the dude who listed Cham, Joc, Akon, and T-Pain doesn't know what he's saying. T-Pain and Joc is kinda for chicks but so fuckin what? They sell and their songs aren't bad. I don't like Hurricane Chris or Plies though.

Immortal Technique is fucking bad ass and Tech N9ne is underrated as fuck. Haystak is the shit, weird to see someone mention him. lol.

I'd take 50 over Kanye, but it just depends what you're into more, head bustin, weed smoking, blowing shit up or world issues and shit like that. I like Kanye, but I'd take 50 over him anyday.

Lil Wayne is the best mainstream MC out right now, I'd agree with that. Southern rap is where it's at right now, the dude who listed Cham, Joc, Akon, and T-Pain doesn't know what he's saying. T-Pain and Joc is kinda for chicks but so fuckin what? They sell and their songs aren't bad. I don't like Hurricane Chris or Plies though.

Immortal Technique is fucking bad ass and Tech N9ne is underrated as fuck. Haystak is the shit, weird to see someone mention him. lol.

Really though, how much 'head bustin, weed smoking, blowing shit up' can you listen to from a man who lives in some huge mansion in Conneticut and probably can't walk the streets where he grew up?

Really though, how much 'head bustin, weed smoking, blowing shit up' can you listen to from a man who lives in some huge mansion in Conneticut and probably can't walk the streets where he grew up?

He's seen a lot more shit than everyone in on this board (or any regular message board user, for that matter) all together and it obviously ain't nothing but ''true'' thugs listening to his music or he wouldn't sell albums.

Guest starsaligned916

Luda is not as good as he used to be, T.I. is good. Most of the snap / create-a-dance songs nowadays are made by one-hit wonders anyway, so I'm not worried about it staying around for too long. I'm excited about Kanye West's stuff, but I'm more excited about him creating an avenue for guys like Common, Mos Def, and Talib Kweli in the mainstream. Weezy and Jeezy are both solid rappers as well.

Just waiting for Detox.

Luda is not as good as he used to be, T.I. is good. Most of the snap / create-a-dance songs nowadays are made by one-hit wonders anyway, so I'm not worried about it staying around for too long. I'm excited about Kanye West's stuff, but I'm more excited about him creating an avenue for guys like Common, Mos Def, and Talib Kweli in the mainstream. Weezy and Jeezy are both solid rappers as well.

Just waiting for Detox.

He's seen a lot more shit than everyone in on this board (or any regular message board user, for that matter) all together and it obviously ain't nothing but ''true'' thugs listening to his music or he wouldn't sell albums.

He has seen it. Still spitting about being gangsta, when he's so far removed from that lifestyle is stupid. Back in the days of Gangsta and a Gentleman it had credibility, not anymore. The fact that he has little to no content outside of hype, guns and girls probably doesn't help him.

I can't see that many true thugs getting down to Candy Shop to be honest. Maybe its different in the US.

It's not. The larger part of 50's audience is whitebread "gangsta" 16 year olds. >_>