NHL 08 Vs. NHL 2K8

HeyThereVelvet

In my opinion, after reading previews for both games i would say that i am very impressed with the strides that both EA and 2K have made with there hockey franchises. Here is a quick rundown of improvements of both games.

NHL 08

* Improved Gameplay: With the new addition of the playbook creator, and the improved defensive A.I. this game plays like NHL hockey more than ever before. Teams adjust to your schemes, which means you must exploit there defense with new plays, line mix ups and strategy like never before

* Franchise Mode: With the addition of a longer franchise( Last year only 10 years). And the addition of the AHL leauge, which means you can call up and send down players to the minor leauge just like in real life. BTW you can also play as the AHL teams which is a nice added bonus.

* Real NHL Look: Of course EA brings back great graphics to the table, but with so many different types of skates, sticks, goalie equipment and player gear, along with the new NHL jerseys, (some players even wear there jerseys tucked in!) Create a player and team have been revamped also, making it the most deepest ever.

NHL 2K8

*Improved Graphics: Finnaly, 2K sports goes next gen with the graphics!. 2K sports has never looked so good on the Xbox 360 and PS3(Sorry current gen owners, still the same). With 2k signature style, almost every player has been face mapped to there exact likeliness, players have there signature skates, jersey type, sticks, helmets, goalie gear and much more!

*Gameplay: 2K returns with more great realistic gameplay, this time finnaly adding Special moves!!!. Adding moves like Sweden 94, batters up and much more this looks like the most exciting 2k hockey game ever.

*Franchise Mode: Realistic salary cap features, player negotiations actually is a tug of war battle featuring you, the player, your owner and the players agent. Player progression and player types have been tottaly revamped. Ice time, chemistry, awards, performance and winning now all factor into player development to determine what type of player you will get.

All in all both games look great, which are you most excited for?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an EA junkie too, so I'll be getting NHL 08.

I bought bouth NHL 07, and 2k7 last year, and enjoyed 07 a tad bit more, even thought I did get annoyed when a soft goal would pass King Henke every now and then. Hopefully that will improve in this years version. Other than that, I cannot wait for it to launch.

From what I have seen, 2K8 looks like the same thing I've been playing for the last 5 years. The pricing won't be low on the next gen systems, either.

I have NHL 08 pre-ordered, and I'll probably get 2K8 when it becomes cheaper or I can get it used when I trade some games it. The 2K series has always been enjoyable to me, I just liked 07 more and am more excited to play 08.

Guest Grapehead

I loved 2k7's crease control, but the skill stick won the day for 07, and with another's development, it should be even better, and the goalie mode sounds awesome.

What the bloody hell is Sweden 94 and batter up?

I loved 2k7's crease control, but the skill stick won the day for 07, and with another's development, it should be even better, and the goalie mode sounds awesome.

Batter up should be kind of straight forward, I'd say they bat the puck out of the air... also sweden 94 should ALSO be straight forward, I'm going to say it's Forsberg's little deke from back in '94

Guest Grapehead

Batter up should be kind of straight forward, I'd say they bat the puck out of the air... also sweden 94 should ALSO be straight forward, I'm going to say it's Forsberg's little deke from back in '94

• 2 weeks later...

I just came in to say, if you're undecided, the '08 demo is up on the 360 Marketplace and it is fan-fucking-tastic. You get one period, Ducks versus Senators, and it feels so much better. '07 feels like guys are skating on the moon in comparison, it's a lot more realistic. And it's much more feasible to cycle the puck. The one-on-one deke controls should be good with a little practice. And big hits are a lot rarer, which is good, because I was averaging about one hundred a game on 07.

Ball's in your court, 2k8.