Walk Hard

ROC

It doesn't look like it's as funny as some of the other Apatow productions, but there's some classic ideas in here. (Namely, the one where Jenna Fischer's deep throating an ice cream cone.) And Reilly is just awesome anyway, so I'm looking forward to it.

Edited by ROC

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks decidedly okay. The two highlights for me were undoubtedly "boy, nothin' bad could ever possibly happen today! Let's go machete fightin'!" and Jack White as Elvis, everything else just looks sort of funny or somewhat forced (lol oh hey look it's John Lennon and he said "imagine." Like that song he wrote! Clever.).

I remember when news broke about Paul Rudd, Jack Black, Jason Schwartman, and... I forget who's supposed to be playing George... were to be playing the Beatles in a movie and there was a very minor shitstorm over it. Had they mentioned that it was for a Walk the Line parody there probably wouldn't have been so much of that.

Eh, I'm bumping up the topic for this news, mainly because this is one of the most random things ever...

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003621294

Besides touring with k.d. lang, Lovett will co-headline February's Cayamo Cruise with Emmylou Harris, and, for the new Judd Apatow/Jake Kasdan "Walk the Line" parody "Walk Hard," he recorded the title track alongside the unlikely trio of Jackson Browne, Jewel and Ghostface Killah.
Edited by ROC

At this point Judd Apatow is a legit mogul. I bet if he did another TV show people would actually watch!

Anything that makes John C. Reilly a star is good by my books. The trailer was funny, and the cast is fucking awesome. Apatow is pretty much untouchable in the meanwhile.

• 4 months later...

"You can't smell? I'm fucking dead! You ever try masturbating with a ghost hand?"

Yeah, this movie was pretty awesome. I'm shocked that it did so bad in the box office, I'd think people would want to see it due to it's similarities to Anchorman, Superbad, etc.

Edited by ROC

Saw the trailer for it today, it looks good based on that. Probably won't be as funny as Knocked Up or Superbad, but it'll probably be funnier than most of the other comedies coming out at the moment, like St. Trinians, possibly the least funny film ever.

It was okay, no more no less.

Didn't think the movie was all that funny, with the exception of Dewey's recurring hatred of sinks, Elvis and The Beatles. On the subject of The Beatles, I thought Jack Black was piss poor, his accent seemed to slip into something more like Yorkshire than Liverpudlian. I used to be a big JB fan but I'm getting more and more convinced he should stick to Tenacious D (music, not another crap movie) and leave it at that.

The music saved the movie really. Like Pepsi said, the Dylan song was great and the Cash stuff was pretty good too. Jenna Fischer looked mighty damn fine too.