Run Fatboy Run

fourstarfizzle

Run Fatboy Run Trailer

Saw the trailer for this before Knocked Up today (which I must add is ace), and well, it looks rather ace, has that Shaun o the Dead atmosphere about it despite it being directed by David Schwimmer. Just hope it turns out as well as it looks.

EDIT: Oh yeh, plot summary for those who don't know much about it:

Run, Fat Boy, Run is a forthcoming film directed by David Schwimmer, written by Michael Ian Black, and starring Simon Pegg, Dylan Moran, and Thandie Newton.

"Five years ago Dennis (Simon Pegg) was at the altar about to marry Libby (Thandie Newton), his pregnant fiancée. He got cold feet and ran for the hills and he’s been going in circles ever since. When Dennis discovers Libby’s hooked up with high-flying-go-getter Whit (Hank Azaria), he realizes it’s now or never. He enters a marathon to show he’s more than a quitter, with his over-sexed best friend Gordon (Dylan Moran) as his coach. But Dennis then finds out just how much sweat, strain and tears it takes to run for 26 miles. Nobody gives him a chance but Dennis knows this is his only hope to become more than a running joke."

Edited by fourstarfizzle

Yeah, my bad. He's directed episodes of Friends. And Joey.

I never watched Joey, but from what I heard it wasn't great. As for Friends, there's never been a bad episode so he gets my vote.

What if everyone on EWB said they hated Friends?

The combination of Simon Pegg and Dylan Moran makes this a must-see for me.

Wow, when I saw Hot Fuzz I figured that was just a joke trailer tagged on. One would hope there's a lot better in the movie than what they put in the trailer, but I'll gladly settle for some Michael Ian Black meta-comedy.

Wow, when I saw Hot Fuzz I figured that was just a joke trailer tagged on. One would hope there's a lot better in the movie than what they put in the trailer, but I'll gladly settle for some Michael Ian Black meta-comedy.

Guest Psyence

It's supposed to be very 'Americanised' according to early previews of the movie. I just got that from IMDB so i'd expect you'd find loads more information if you just lurked across the forums.

David Schwimmer directed The Godfather.

He was also directly responsible for Seven Samurai, except he knew that nobody would have accepted it coming from an American so he let Akira Kurosawa take all the credit.

David Schwimmer directed The Godfather.

He was also directly responsible for Seven Samurai, except he knew that nobody would have accepted it coming from an American so he let Akira Kurosawa take all the credit.