Official 2007 NCAA Football Season

ACCBiggz

My new rankings, that don't follow AP/Coaches Poll.

1. LSU

2. Ohio State

3. California

4. Boston College

5. South Florida

6. Missouri

Hawaii and Arizona State are sitting slightly outside right now, would probably have Oklahoma 7th maybe. But after seeing what Missouri has done I move them up big time thanks to other losses. Defeated Illinois at Illinois, their only loss, who defeates Wisconsin today. They went to Mississippi and knocked off an SEC team for an out of conference win, and then tonight controlling Nebraska they way they did. Impressive. They'll earn it next Saturday if they can knock off Oklahoma, a tall task, but possible.

I put Ohio State becuase of how they play on defense. California is explosive on offense and have two key victories, but so does OSU in my opinion. I was impressed with their second half play against Washington and tonight at Purdue. Two big road wins for the Buckeyes. Everything will work itself out as they all have huge tests remaining.

UCLA.

That is all. Utah was an anomaly. This team wil beat either Cal, or USC, although I doubt both.

Yeah. Try on beating down Notre Dame first. Then think you have a shot against Cal or USC. Oh wait...

At this rate, we might have UConn in the Top 25 in a week or two. In football. *shudders*

Florida - Ranked.

Kansas State - Ranked. (Okalhoma couldn't drop out anyway unless the human polls dropped them significantly which couldn't happen anyway.)

California - Unranked.

That's cut and dry. It's very simple.

Absolutely not. They've consistantly been the best over that time span. Period.

All together, they have been the best team. But it's not a system where you say, hey you've been good for these years so you get a title berth.

06/07 - Florida d. Ohio State. - USC would have been in that game and unargued by many, but they lost a second game against UCLA, no berth.

05/06 - Texas d. USC

04/05 - USC d. OU

03/04 - LSU d. OU (I've stated why this was the correct decision)

02/03 - OSU d. Miami - USC was beat by WSU so they got the Rose Bowl berth while OSU and Miami were undefeated.

01/02 - Miami d. Nebraska - USC wasn't best in the Pac-10, Oregon was and were left out to Nebraska. Controversial year, but the BCS computer rankings don't take into account the time in which you lose, unlike the human polls. Since the BCS has been tweaked so this year isn't indicative of what the system currently is.

There are your last six seasons and the only year they had an argument was the LSU/OU championship year, where I give the best and clear reason why they made the right decision.

I'm still rooting for Boston College, who started off slow this season but just manhandled Bowling Green today. People are sleeping on BC, but hopefully they get some recognition soon.

They were ranked, at least in the AP poll. I vividly remember watching the game and I could be wrong but think they were #17 at the time.

Edit: I looked it up and it appear my whole argument for years is gone. They were ranked the week before the game and the week after the game (I think [a reason I could have inserted that into my mind].) However, I'll stand by my statement in that LSU deserved the bid over USC. Florida was ranked on 13 of the weeks, Cal on none. But wow, when I checked the AP archives that kind of shocked me... I don't know how my memory sees them as #17 on that game. Very interesting. However, I still feel the right two teams got into the championship game and USC didn't deserve the shot. Personal opinion, in the past, doesn't matter now i suppose.

People are sleeping on BC, but hopefully they get some recognition soon.
Edited by ACCBiggz

I'm still rooting for Boston College, who started off slow this season but just manhandled Bowling Green today. People are sleeping on BC, but hopefully they get some recognition soon.

I don't exactly think a #7 ranking is really sleeping on them, but I do understand where you're getting at.

Yeah. The fact they're ranked so highly means someone at least is paying attention. Even if they play in New England, esp. greater Boston, where nobody gives a shit about college anything besides hockey, drinking/smoking, and outsmarting one another.