Official 2007 NCAA Football Season

ACCBiggz

Wahoo, I gotta say I disagree with you on the Pac 10 not being shit. I know the discussion that's been had in this thread already and I'm not trying to start anything up again. I just have this to say .... when a team that enters the last week of the season at 6-5 has any chance at all of winning the conference, yeah I'll leave it at that.

I DO AGREE with you however on Kevin Smith, and Paul Smith. I LOVE the so called 'weak' conference football. I'm a huge fan of Conf USA actually. I really enjoyed the Title game, and the Conf USA schools are doing things right. The new stadium/facilities at UCF, the new facilities at So Miss, renovations at Tulsa ... the list goes on.

As for Smith, I don't care who you are and where you play. When you put up the numbers he has, you deserve the accolades. He set the single season record for carries, and put up 150 yds against Texas (with two scores). Hell, the kid had 3+ td's in a game 5 times. If I had a ballot he'd be either 1/2 on it.

It sucks that Tebow will probably win it. Now, I'm not discounting anything he's done, I just feel he's been a HUGE beneficiary of the situation at Florida. They have NO running back. If their RB situation was halfway stable he wouldn't have 20+ TD's rushing. They've put that load on his shoulders because they had no other choice. Put a RB in their, and Tebow's game changes dramatically. That said, I absolutely give him an invite to NY. He should get the MAXWELL, not the Heisman. To me, McFadden is the most dynamic and game changing player in college football (see LSU/South Carolina games for reference). Brennan would also be in my top 5 easily. Again, I don't care who you are. When you put up numbers like that it doesn't matter who you play. If it WERE that easy, EVERY QB/RB/WR or whatever in the shit conferences would have great numbers ... but they don't. You have to be good to complete what 40 of 49 like he did last night.

I'm not getting into yet another discussion over you're readily apparent anti-Pac 10 bias, but I think it goes to show more the parity, as well as just how banged up the majority of the top Pac 10 teams were, more than saying its a 'shit conference'. Oregon would have won it outright with Dixon in the line-up. UCLA got unlucky with injuries, then lucky with other teams injuries (and, yes, had 4 losses in conference, but only one was a 'bad' loss. That being to Washington State. The others were Arizona State, USC (both very good teams), and the other to Arizona, who, while not being good, is known for playing well late in the year.). If UCLA had stayed healthy, I think you could make the arguement that they'd be 10-2 now, if not 11-1. That USC game was winnable, and the only game they lost while relatively healthy was the Utah debacle. USC is as talented as anyone in the nation, Arizona State is very good, but not elite, Oregon is a top level team when healthy, Cal is... I don't really know what the hell happened to Cal, as I only know how the losses to Oregon State and UCLA went down, and UCLA won that one with their defense. Remember, Cal beat Tennessee by two TDs. Arizona is average, as is Oregon State (although they'd be good if they had a legit QB. I love Moeva (sp?), he went to my HS, I played with his brother, but he's not anything special). Washington is... ugh, except for Jake Locker, Washington State is horrid, and Stanford is... Stanford, although I think that Harbaugh will get it turned around somewhat.

Its not better, or worse, than any other conference, just more banged up. No conference has suffered the top flight injuries that the Pac 10 has, especially at the QB position.

True, but put McFadden in Conf USA and Smith in the SEC ................. I highly doubt Smith has 1,800 yds in the SEC, and I KNOW McFadden would have assloads of yds in Conf USA.

I agree that Smith should be up for both, and get the recognition ...... but McFadden is better.

This BCS selection show is going to take days. Just tell us who are in the bowls.

No shit, 11 minutes in and we are going nowhere. I've been hearing Illinois is probably going to face USC, which makes me incredibly nervous but happy that we are going against some very tough competition.