The Jeffster Memorial Chuck Thread

Guest Ringmaster

Yeah...

That was one fucking hell of an episode. I loved it. We've had to feel awful for Morgan for so long now with how poor his luck/life has been, and this episode... yeah, amazing. The Ring guys in the Buy More was nothing great, but the storyline sure as hell was. It all played in so well together, Morgan finding out, and Chuck kind of returning to his Spy-ways as well. It's to the point now where Chuck needs his personal life in order to do his spy life, something that was never the case before.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the next few episodes progress because, while Chuck trusts Morgan, it is still Morgan. He is bound to let this secret slip, as evidenced by the preview for next week between him and Awesome.

Fantastic episode. I'm glad someone other than Awesome knows now, since he's been less than awesome this season. Morgan's been beaten down again and again, so it makes sense to give him something positive. Next week's episode looks like its going to follow in the footsteps of this one too. Can't wait.

This was a great episode the only thing that bothered me was the fact that "young Casey" didn't look like he could even be related to current Casey, let alone become Casey (looks-wise).

Yeah, it wasn't a perfect casting, I agree. Still, this week and last week especially have been the show at its best. I hope it keeps this momentum up to close out season three.

Wasn't the flashback showing Casey taken from another movie?

As I am pretty sure Martin Sheen looked exceptionally young in the flashbacks, better then any make-up job...

I'd be pretty impressed too if that's true, as I was led to believe it was Robert Patrick that guest starred. tongue.gif

Awesome episode, but man, Casey. I really hope he isn't gone for good. It'll definitely add an interesting dynamic to the group and to his character, but you can't have Casey not be a part of the team for long. He's too awesome. There haven't been any rumours of him leaving, have there? sad.gif

No, he's staying as there hasn't been anything regarding him leaving the show and they filmed the first 13 episodes before they began airing this season so there probably would've been word of his impending leave.

But yeah, the last 2 episodes have been awesome.

And I've seen people suggest that perhaps the pill was a placebo. I'm not so sure but it'll be interesting to see how they go with that.

• 2 weeks later...

:o:o:o

HOLY FUCK!

Tonight's episode was absolutely fantastic, everyone was on their A game tonight. My jaw literally dropped when they....

Showed Sarah unknowingly killing Shaw's wife to pass her red test.

AMAZING.

Yeah, again the string of awesome episodes continue; definitely looking forward to next week's show.

The Chuck writers have a knack for ratcheting up the awesome in episodes as the season gets closer to the end and next week's episode was originally supposed to be this season's finale before NBC ordered 6 additional episodes so I'm sure the awesomeness will continue.

I can't agree more about how great tonight's episode was, and how the season continues to be a home run.

However, we're right back to where we were last year. The ratings for the show continue to decline, as the past two weeks have only pulled in a 1.9 each. If it's another rating like that for tonight's episode, then the show is in REAL danger of being cancelled. It's not fair at all, as Chuck is clearly a phenomenal show, but goes up against some harsh competition in House, HIMYM, and now Dancing With the Stars (I'm not sure if it's staying on Mondays, just that it did last week). Add on the fact that Chuck hasn't had a show alongside it that pulled in decent ratings since its first season (you know, back when Heroes WASN'T shit), it's been all by itself in terms of trying to actually get solid ratings. For shame.

While I do know that things are a bit up in the air as far as renewal, the fact that Chuck is NBC's best show that's not on Thursday should count for something but it is NBC so it probably won't.

Maybe if it doesn't get renewed, it could go to another network, much like Southland did.

Could they not just... move it to another night? I assume 30 Rock is the other show. Move 30 Rock to the Monday Night Slot and put Chuck on afterwards or on another night. It's clearly got a good, somewhat devoted audience, makes little sense to me that they'd cancel it when Heroes scraped by for like 3 Series with awful, awful ratings on a Monday Night.

Somewhat devoted? The only reason we have this season is because of the fanbase; they're actually a bit too rabid sometimes as a fair amount were talking about boycotting the show just because we hadn't reached the payoff of the storyline yet.

But yeah, it would make the most business sense to move it to another night before canceling it but this is NBC we're talking about, logic isn't necessarily their strong suit. <_<