The Jeffster Memorial Chuck Thread

Guest Ringmaster

• 3 weeks later...

Kind of a waste of Fred Willard and Swoosie Kurtz this week. They did what they could with the material but it was honestly kind of lazy writing. Chuck and Sarah are enjoyable as an actual couple, though.

Chuck is now confirmed to be renewed for a 4th season with a 13 episode order, likely to be on the fall schedule with an NBC option for a back 9 order to make it a 22 episode season. Fantastic news, and if completely true we won't have to wait until January for more Chuck!

Could've done without the father, but the ending sets up the finale perfectly.

was that the rings version of the intersect that Shaw booted himself up with? I'm pretty sure it was, and a intersect vs. intersect battle would be awesome. Hopefully Chuck doesn't kill him, maybe a good maiming or something. I really think that Shaw as a constant threat would make for some good action next season.

Papa Bartowski was lovely to have back. wub.gif I do love that man and his interactions with Chuck. I'm looking forward to INTESECT ON INTERSECT HARDCORE ACTION, but I disagree Hellfire, I think Shaw needs to be finished off this series. I get the feeling the next season of Chuck will be the last and as such, I'd hope they start going head to head with the top brass of The Ring.

Hellfire, I think Shaw needs to be finished off this series. I get the feeling the next season of Chuck will be the last and as such, I'd hope they start going head to head with the top brass of The Ring.

That's really the only bad part of the show. Chuck always seems to be on the bubble and on the verge of being cancelled, then somehow gets another season. Really, any season could really be its last, so it's hard to actually plan far ahead. I'd keep Shaw around but I definitely would understand if they want to make sure to wrap everything up neatly with The Ring.

I doubt they bring Shaw back since a lot of their extra budget went towards paying for Routh's contract. And while I could definitely get behind the idea of having another Intersect out there to be Chuck's super villain type character, I don't really want Routh to be the one to play it as I think they've pretty much gotten all they can out of the character.

I doubt they bring Shaw back since a lot of their extra budget went towards paying for Routh's contract. And while I could definitely get behind the idea of having another Intersect out there to be Chuck's super villain type character, I don't really want Routh to be the one to play it as I think they've pretty much gotten all they can out of the character.

Manoosh can always come back. He doesn't really have the gravitas a major Chuck villain needs but he does have a damn good reason to want Chuck dead.

So The Ring...

HOLY SHIT!

The Ring have proved themselves to be freaking awesome as bad guys. While I feel this last 6-episode mini-arc hasn't been as good as the first part of Season 3, and I believe Season 2 overall was better than Season 3, the first 40 minutes of this finale has been absolutely epic. If they keep this pace, it'll easily top the final few episodes of Season 2. The last 3-4 episodes of Season 2 was beautiful, but this 2-part finale is looking set to blow it out of the water.

Spoilers. Talking about it as it happens, so, y'know, don't read anything in the tags if you don't wanna know.

Nooooo :( Why did Chuck's dad have to die?! I was afraid that's what was being foreshadowed when he told Ellie it'd be the last time he walked away from her, but I was hoping I was wrong. Shaw needs to die, die, die. :angry:

Yeah... don't read if you aren't watching.

I certainly did not see that coming. Makes sense, but so awful. Excellently done, but wow... Papa Bartowski

:(

Edited by Szumi

Holy.. shit.

So Chuck downloaded an Intersect when he was a boy, and with the death of his father he learns that his mother's alive and well and that Chuck's dad did everything for her. I'm assuming with the Buy More blowing up like that, Chuck's base of operations will be out of his family's old house and he'll have to hide all his spy stuff from Ellie (again), since he promised her he was going to quit.

So just finished watching the last episodes. DAMN! Amazing.

One thing though, about the whole Shaw thing. He always felt like a baddy, he was always a swaggering prick. Personally, I'd have had the "Sarah shot his wife" reveal BEFORE he joined the team...so he was always a baddy, because fuck if he wasn't the most annoying cunt in the world as a 'good guy'.

Also, from the other weeks episode "Earth, Wind, Fire & Rain"...amazing.

Casey's daughter's fit. Setting up a nice arc with her/Casey/Morgan for next season.

Plus, I'd love for a straight up comedy spinoff of Jeffster on the run, "Max & Paddy" style. Even just a web-series.

His dad's really moved up in the world...I remember when he lived in a caravan. :shifty:

Edited by YI

Yeah, I always had a bit of hate for Shaw. For the same reason I didn't like the British spy from Series 1 or 2, he seemed too perfect. The Bond's could get away with it in the films because they were old films and have more nostalgic value than anything else, but Shaw didn't seem to have any faults when he was a good guy.

Nah, Shaw just seemed like an utterly smug prick.

The English guy was quite awesome. HOWEVER, he's apparently from Newcastle...PEOPLE FROM NEWCASTLE DO NOT SOUND LIKE THAT!!! How awesome would it have been if he'd had a proper Geordie accent. "why aye Chuck, ya took a propa beatin round the chops like!"

Have him talking to Sarah like Sid The Sexist...now that would have been a character. "Sit ya pretty arse down here pet".

Edited by YI