Reaper Season 1 *SPOILERS*

Fitzy

So this new show debuted last night on the CW and it was pretty good. I like the Devil. He is great. And Bret Harrison is great as usual. You should all watch it as it is funny and good. So yay for the CW for putting a good show on TV since Veronica Mars was canceled.

I am sure all you gay Kevin Smith fanboys are probably already watching. :shifty:

Guest Ringmaster

Dude why the fuck they dropped the first bitch I'll never know, she looked like the kind of bitch you could bring home to your ma and pa and then you'd catch your dad assfucking her in the night 'cause she's such a cute adorable little bitch.

They dropped her because she was a horrible actress, and Missy Peregrym is actually really good in the role. But in fairness, who isn't an improvement on Nikki Reed?

This show is awesome. Sam and Sock are an awesome pair, and Ben could be a great foil for them. Bret Harrison is a pro, and funny in everything he does. It probably doesn't have the same action/comedy potential as "Chuck", but if they stick to going down the Kevin Smith/slacker route, it'll be a fun show before CW cancels it for having Veronica Mars-esque ratings.

Anyone else notice Kevin Smith's vocal cameo? In one scene the boss is talking about the sales competition and says that the prize is a ham, to which Kevin Smith's voice clearly says "I'm Jewish, you moron". It was in the original pilot, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was still in the show that aired.

I managed to catch the replay tonight, and thought it was pretty solid. I'm happy so far with all of the shows I've given a chance to this year. The funniest part of the show tonight was using the lady who played Dolores Herbig on Dead Like Me, a similarly themed show, as the DMV clerk.

I kept hearing about this at work and after coming home early, I decided to check it out. I really thought the lead actor wasn't that good off the get go but he started coming around at the second half. It played pretty good to the first viewing but I heard Kevin Smith wrote this pilot episode only so next week will be pretty interesting.

I managed to catch the replay tonight, and thought it was pretty solid. I'm happy so far with all of the shows I've given a chance to this year. The funniest part of the show tonight was using the lady who played Dolores Herbig on Dead Like Me, a similarly themed show, as the DMV clerk.

... holy shit, that WAS her. There's something horribly, horribly ironic about that casting decision and I can't quite place my finger on what. Here's hoping it's a recurring role, because more Dead Like Me cast members on TV again is a good thing.

I kept hearing about this at work and after coming home early, I decided to check it out. I really thought the lead actor wasn't that good off the get go but he started coming around at the second half. It played pretty good to the first viewing but I heard Kevin Smith wrote this pilot episode only so next week will be pretty interesting.

Rather than waiting for one of the networks down here to buy it and doubtless put it on at 10.30pm on a Monday night (as they did with both Buffy and Angel for their entire durations) - I downloaded it last night and enjoyed the hell out of it. Pun not intended. Good to see a witty, supernatural new series coming out.

Now to download Chuck.

Any other new series I should be aware of?

Any other new series I should be aware of?

K-Ville. (Y)

Well, Pushing Daisies is supposed to be good but that premieres next week, if memory serves.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

K-Ville

Haha, fuck you :P

What minimal appeal that might have to an American who actually cared about the Hurricane Katrina stuff is lost on us. It didn't even get picked up by a commercial network down here. Straight to Fox8 on cable.

But it has Anthony Anderson as a tough cop who likes gumbo and -- okay no, we already have a thread for this.

But yeah, thusfar the two new shows that have really grabbed me are Chuck and Reaper. I'm giving a couple of ABC's shows next week trial runs, I believe, but until then...