Kobe's Desicion

Make Kobe's decision for him  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Make Kobe's decision for him

• Lakers
    • Clippers
    • Another Western Conference Team
    • A team in the East

He'll go to the Lakers. He values winning above most other things, and the Clippers will not be winners.

Well right now his place in history is more important to him then winning. If winning was a factor Shaq and Phil would still be in LA right now. As they stand right now the Clippers with Kobe would be better then the Lakers with Kobe.

ESPN did a poll yesterday about which player you'd rather build a team around, Kobe or Shaq. Shaq won with over 60% of the votes (something like 64.5%, I think)

I agree.

If I was the Lakers' owner, I would've done everything to try and get Shaq to re-sign, and told Kobe not to let the door hit him in the ass on the way out.

Kobe = Over-rated.

Kobe = Over-rated.

I can't help but agree with this until Kobe shows me otherwise. High-scoring guards are a dime a dozen in the NBA, whereas we have people like Foyle getting HUGE chunks of change for the simple facts that they can dribble and reach the very top shelf.

Ray Ratto wrote a very interesting article on the matter over at ESPN.com -- definately worth a read.

One, the Lakers aren't looking at the RIGHT NOW, their looking at the FUTURE. Shaq, while still dominant, never comes to camp in shape, is breaking down, and is 32. If it was about the next two seasons, yeah, you go with Shaq, any farther then that, you go with Kobe.

Two, Kobe is more popular then Shaq in Los Angeles. If you don't live here, you wouldn't know. Its not Shaq everyone in LA is behind, its Kobe, from the front office to the fans.

Kobe sells more tickets in LA then Shaq. This goes back to point two.

Kobe is 25, and signed a 7 year deal. He'll retire as a Laker, and is just entering the prime of his career. We haven't really seen what Kobe can do yet.

I guess its different when you've been to the Finals 4 out of 5 years, because its not as important to get back right away, as to look towards the future. You don't sell your soul like a team that dosen't have a ring does.

Sounds like now its about money for the Lakers...so basically Kobe's turned the Lakers into the Clippers.

He won't be winning in the west without a great center or a spectacular power forward, so he's gone from a Finals Contender to a Fan Attraction

Guest bukkake bandit

I agree with sycodmn. In hindsight it's a bad move for the Lakers because, well, with Shaq they're a title contender. Without him as it stands now they're the 5th-7th seed. So of course the downgrade is a negative thing. But Shaq is 32. He makes nearly $30,000,000 a year and will eat up half of your payroll. Plus he's 32. Plus he wants an even bigger extension. Plus he doesn't take very good care of himself in the offseason. So who knows how long he'll last in the league. No team wants to pay an out of shape injury-prone 35/36 year old $30,000,000+, and I'd be surprised if Miami is stupid enough to give him his extension.

That said, Kobe is a raving egomaniac, but I like him. I also think the Lakers could have done a lot better than that Miami deal.