Realm Defender

The Mask of Norro

Hey everyone, as some of you know, my current workplace is working on a new online game called Realm Defender, which is basically styled similar to the "Adventure Quest" game online. It's still a heavy work in progress, but we're beginning to try and spread the name out there to see some early reviews, and I wanted to help out a little with it, so I figured I'd get some exposure from EWB.

As said, the whole game is still a heavy work in progress... we're still working on adding in sound, more monsters, new animations, more towns, etc.. The whole game is done in flash; my part in this game is that I'm a monster illustrator, background illustrator, and graphic designer (for the banners and the like), as well as the guy who runs the news portion of the site. Currently, my only actual work that's up on the site itself is my banner designs, and a side-banner I did for the site that's on the mainpage. One of my monster designs though is currently getting animated and prepared to get put into the game, so I'm excited about that.

Anyway, hate to ramble. Here's the link for anyone interested in checking out the game/giving some feedback. Sorry if this feels like advertising (read: it kind-of is), but that's why I put it in the Coin Op and not the lounge: it's a game.

Looking forward to some reviews. Thanks again, everyone :)

http://www.realmdefender.com

(for those of you blind few that may have missed the link before >_>)

Edited by The Mask of Norro

Curse you Benjirino >_>

Actually, I can go ahead and throw together the next update for that now if you do >_>

... you're kidding me. As in, you can't attack/it won't attack? Oh lord.

Well, there's a bug that needs to be reported.

Hrm, I'll have that reported then. Thanks for telling me Benji.

Uhm... maybe just try re-doing the game and see if it happens again. Sorry about that.

Anyone get more than 1 creature at the same time? I got one with 3 frogs and ran my ass out of there.

I got 3 level 1 frogs, so I killed them quite easily. Not seen any higher level stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, just getting some news out there: alot of changes have been made to the game so far... we've added new animations, added in a few new monsters, the realtime battle interface has been changed, etc...

Hate to bump the topic now that it's gotten a bit old, but I was hoping to generate some more interest around here and get more people talking about it and all. If you guys get the time, take a look and tell me what you all think, because in-turn, I'll tell my boss and the others working on the game your thoughts as well.

• 5 months later...

:blush: I hate to bump such an old topic but this is a bit of a proud point for me and I'd love it if everyone could check this out and say what they think.

So, basically: awhile back, Lorina did some illustrations for the game. She's still doing them, but one of them was an "Oni", which in the game got its name changed to "Demon Beast". Well, I did the digitalization and coloring of the lineart she did of the monster, and then once that was done, I passed it off to one of our animators, who did a fantastic job with the monster.

We've got a lot of new monsters in the game other than that one, plus a new quest and a new town and whatnot... the animation quality has REALLY improved since October, and so I thought it would be nice to get some new reviews in on the game and see what everyone thinks. It'd be really appreciated guys, especially now that one of my own little bits of work has made it in and is animated :wub:

I've just given this a go for the first time, and it seems like a lot of fun. Right off the bat, I was extremely impressed with the animations. The only bug-type deal I've come across so far (being about 5 battles in) is that when I encountered a Skeleton 3, the battle menu didn't show up so I was stuck there. That remedied itself on a reload, however, as the first enemy I encountered on my second round was also a Skeleton 3 and everything worked fine.