SEGA Genesis

OGpistolpete

Toe Jam and Earl 1.

That is all.

If you disagree with me, I'll set Marsh on you.

Bingo, Toejam and Earl is epic and by far one of the best games you could get for the Mega Drive. As for others, I'd have to mention Earthworm Jim, Micro Machines, Streets Of Rage 2 (far superior to the original), and the decent Road Rash...can't remember which one that was.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am mostly an RPG fan, so download Shining Force 1 and 2, they are bad-ass strategy RPG's. I own the originals, but I dont risk playing them anymore and use an emulator. Plus, I think the battery backup of SF 1 is fucked up. Also Beyond Oasis is very Zelda-like, Phantasy Star IV is great and the only one in the entire series(outside of part 1 for the master system) that I actually like. All of the Sonic games are winners, I still play them every once in a while, specially Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine which is a good Puyo Puyo clone.

R.B.I baseball?

Fucking hell, that brings back memories of my old Amiga, that was a great game, I remember the graphics being amazing at the time, same with Frank Thomas' Big Hurt Baseball for the Mega Drive. I miss my Amiga. :(

I think I might dig out the Mega Drive later. I've got Shining Force 2 which is fucking bad ass, and I tell you what, I've never completed it, I always got stuck. Don't remember where though. Castlevania is another game that owns.

Oh how I would love to play Streets of Rage online.

Did anybody play Wiz 'n' Liz? That game was golden. And how has no-one mentioned Altered Beast or Ecco yet?

And Road Rash.

Edited by Gooner27

I have to second whoever said Shining Force II and Phantasy Star IV. The two best RPGs of their generation.

Also, tecmo super bowl III. Probably the best in the series, and you can't beat the 100 yard pass!

I could probably think of a ton more if I were at home where I have my ROMs, but I'm not. Oh, throw in Uncharted Waters: New Horizons and the NHL games (96 was my favorite) as well (even though they were multi-platform).

Lion King was just incredible. And yes, level 6, the Timon and Pumba level, with those fuckin logs was ridiculous. I remember being so happy to beat that.

Mortal Kombat 2 is great, and just looks amazing as well.

Sonic 1 and 2 are great, but steer away from 3 by itself. Sonic 3 and Knuckles though, amazing stuff.

While maybe a bad game, I loved Technocop.

Oh, and Toy Story.

Bulls vs. Blazers and the 1992 playoffs anyone? <_<

Was Bionic Commando on Gen?

Funny this gets mentioned, as it's getting re-done for the next-gen consoles. GameFAQs and GameSpot are currently featuring articles about it.

Soft spot in my heart for Triple Play '96 and Krusty's Fun House on the Gen. First two games I ever played for the system and I kept coming back to them.

There was some MLB game that I used to love playing, but I can't remember what it was called. Had a bunch of fake teams and players, was hella fun though. Once you got the hang of the game you could field every ball no matter what and hit a homerun every time up at bat.