SEGA Genesis

OGpistolpete

Hardball '94 was my favourite baseball game for the Mega Drive, everything was customisable because they don't have full licensing (I think only some real players were in), but you could even redesign team logos. Of course, the game was hella fun to play too.

I played the SNES Lion King, I'm assuming the Genesis version is the same thing.

Nah, Mega Drive beat the everlasting piss out of the SNES in every way shape and form. Didn't have that fucking fat pervy plumber in every other game for one thing :P

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird, it was the opposite here. Everyone had a SNES except one kid who got left out all the time. >_>

Really, though, aside from a handful of games it seems like every game he had I had on the SNES so it didn't make much of a difference. I wasn't huge on Mario (well, except for Mario Paint and SMB3) so it didn't matter.

Captain America And The Avengers was awesome. I wasted so many quarters/tokens in that every time I went to Chuck E. Cheese, it and the TMNT game were the only two arcade games I played there.

They didn't have the Simpsons or T2 the Arcade Game there? :shifty:

I loved that Sega Genesis as a kid. Pit Fighter (I badly want a remake of this on next gen consoles), NBA Live 95, the Streets of Rage series, Golden Axe, Tecmo Super Bowl, and Captain American and the Avengers stand out as some of my favorites.

Ya know, I never did get into that game Strider, and it seems everybody was shitting their pants over it at the time. The graphics were cool and all, but fuck did it frustrate me. That game was a royal pain in the ass for me.

They did, I just didn't give a toss about either. I played The Simpsons a few times, but always went back to Captain America & The Avengers and TMNT.

The dialogue was cheesy as hell but come on. You're playing as the avengers. THE AVENGERS. I don't care if they flirt with each other - they're THE AVENGERS.

I am trying to figure out how guys leave out the Bomberman port to the Genesis? That game was fuckin amazing! Super or Mega Bomberman or something to the extent I believe was the name of the title.

Anything Disney was amazing for Genesis as has been stated and Captain America & The Avengers is gold.

Marble Madness anyone? and NHL '96 rules all of the hockey games. period.

And to note TMNT, so long as it was Turtles In Time, your safe.

I am a total Sonic the Hedgehog nut when it comes to Mega Drive games. Now I may have only been 2 when Sonic and Knuckles were released, but when I first got to play them when I was about 5 I was hooked and I have been ever since. My favourite of the lot has to be Sonic 3, but when combined with S&K it is that much better, and both games house the best game music, the Dr. Robotnik theme tune is the best darn game music I have ever heard!

The only Sonic games I really dislike on the Mega Drive are Sonic Spinball and Sonic 3-D. S3D looked nice and all, just I found the controls difficult and I think had it been in the format of the older predecessors it would have been a much better game. Sonic Spinball I just found boring, but I guess that's my opinion.

Overall I think that the original Sonic series (1-S&K) are gems and they have WAY more playability (but, then again, so do many games from this era) than any of the games released nowadays. These games never get old or boring.

Other favourites have to be Micro Machines and Flashback, not forgetting to mention WWF Raw and Cool Spot. I also remember Doom on the 32X, if that counts. That used to scare me when I was little. :crying:

Ammagad. I'd forgotten all about Bionic Commando! And Altered Beast (although I never really understood how to play it when I was 6 ¬_¬).

You all lose for forgetting Golden Axe, though. Admittedly I almost forgot until someone mentioned Altered Beast (same developers, as you can tell by the graphics). Golden Axe ruled the shit.

Edited by Farmer Reil

I always preferred Streets of Rage 2, but that may be just because I played it first and loved the characters. Kicking those little midget bastards to get food and magic was amusing though. As was dragon-riding. We always used to fight over who got to ride the dragon if there was only one.

I just lost in Round 4 of SoR2. Kinda sucks, cause I have to do that crap all over again. It did bring back a lot of memories, because I realized my family used to own SoR2 not SoR1.

EDIT: Just played again. Put up 274030 in one play. I have two continues left though.

Edited by SKA

NBA Jam: Tournament Edition.

That game was just amazing.

I give votes to that, EA Hockey 92, PGA Tour Golf 92 and Madden 94.

Yeah, I loved the sports games >_>

And Sonic, naturally.

Not forgetting my favourite game, Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe.

Edited by Liam Byrne

Team USA Basketball rocked. Yeah, it used the Bulls vs Blazers engine and was slow as hell, but just the chance to play as the Dream Team was too much to pass up. All the Streets of Rage games where gold. Street Fighter II Champion Edition kicked ass too. Also I remember a shooter known as Fire Shark or something that played like Capcom's 1942 and was really good as well.

Sonic is still a legend of a game, and the great thing about emulators is you can get hacks, so altered sonic games wooo

But then you've got Mortal Kombat, Busby, Comix Zone, Cannon Fodder, Power Rangers the movie, Psycho Pinball, Mean Bean Machine, Radical Rex.

and of course

Micro Machines!

Ahh the Megadrive was the true golden era of games.

NBA Jam: Tournament Edition.

That game was just amazing.

Agreed. I also came to mention Speedball 2, as its arrival on X-Box Live Arcade reminded me of its awesomeness.

Bah, I want to play it so much, could be another thing swinging me over to getting an X-Box >_>