Quality albums you forget about

YI

Yeah...basically that. Great albums that you don't particuarly think about, but when you toss them on you're like "whoa!"

"Together Again For The First Time" by Pulley

"Another Day In Paradise" by Strung Out

"Unwritten Law" by Unwritten Law

"Just Enough Education to Perform" by Stereophonics

"Hang Ups" by Goldfinger

"How To Clean Everything" by Propagandhi

"The Invisible Band" by Travis

There's probably loads more.

Chalk me up for "Ideas Above Our Station" by Hundred Reasons....oh and "Neon Handshake" by Hell Is For Heroes.

Edited by YI

Chalk me up for "Ideas Above Our Station" by Hundred Reasons.

I wasn't really into them, but picked up the album on the cheap. Absolutely 5*, but I almost forgot I had it until looking through my CD's yesterday. Quality, and seemingly a little under-rated.

Hundred Reasons - I hated the singers' drawl on the song 'Silver' - awful, and worse live. Totally put me off wanting to listen to anything they ever did.

'100 Broken Windows' by Idlewild

'Good Feeling' by Travis (the only one of theirs I can listen to throughout as it's a great album, The Man Who had either good or pish songs, whereas everything since has been so uninteresting and bland beyond belief)

'Word Gets Around' by Stereophonics - another 'band' (or solo artist) whose first two albums were great, then bar about two songs since, have been bland/crap. Shame, saw them at V99 and was so into them at that time.

'Attack of the Grey Lantern' by Mansun

'Significant Other' by Limp Bizkit. Nowhere near my favourite band or genre, but that album was great back in the day, 1999 or so, and very energetic on stage.

Edited by JimbobJoylove

"Casually Dressed and Deep in Conversation" by FFAF. Complete touch of an album, yet I'll go for ages and ages without giving it its deserved playtime. Shame they managed to screw up both the second and third albums. I mean, I love FFAF, but compared to Casually Dressed, nothing else comes close.

Anything by Hell is for Heroes, especially Neon Handshake and Transmit Disrupt. Both of them blinding albums, but I don't think I've even put Transmit on my iPod, which is quite shocking.

Aereogramme - "My Heart Had A Wish That You Would Not Go". One of the cutest and coolest albums of 2007, sounds like a Scottish Snow Patrol on broadway, and its stunning, but once again, I always forget it even exists.

Those three can start me off.

I'll chuck in another one. Second Coming by The Stone Roses. Not as good as the first two, but unfairly slated - still a cut above most other albums and wasn't out of place when it was released.

Such a shame it all went belly-up, Squire's first album was shit despite him being a top notch guitarist.

"Casually Dressed and Deep in Conversation" by FFAF. Complete touch of an album, yet I'll go for ages and ages without giving it its deserved playtime. Shame they managed to screw up both the second and third albums. I mean, I love FFAF, but compared to Casually Dressed, nothing else comes close.

Anything by Hell is for Heroes, especially Neon Handshake and Transmit Disrupt. Both of them blinding albums, but I don't think I've even put Transmit on my iPod, which is quite shocking.

blaspheme! Transmit Disrupt was a great album. Had nowt on Neon Handshake, but was still a blinding album.

And the only thing I like from the last few years of FFAF is All Hands on Deck (both parts) from the new album. Anything else off that album and Hours is shite. It's all about Seven Ways to Scream Your Name. "The Art of American Football" is a fucking great song!

Circle Jerks - Group Sex

Vic Goodard and the Subway Sect - What's the Matter Boy?

Billy Childish and thee Headcoats - Beached Earls

Zero Boys - Vicious Circle

The Plugz - Electrify Me

Oi Polloi - Total Anarchoi

Kraut - Complete Studio Recordings

The Modern Lovers - The Modern Lovers

That's it for now, I've forgot the rest.

"Degradation Trip" by Jerry Cantrell....soundtracked the better part of a year of my life, yet pretty much just sat still for years afterwards, completely undeservedly so. Fantastic album(s).

Anything by Tim Buckley. I have a habit of letting him fall by the wayside.

Whatever The Boy Least Likely To's album is called.

"Degradation Trip" by Jerry Cantrell....soundtracked the better part of a year of my life, yet pretty much just sat still for years afterwards, completely undeservedly so. Fantastic album(s).

"What It Is To Burn" - Finch

That album fucking rocked. I lost it and then bought it again a few year later, and now I can't find it again >_

Add those two to my list, and I'll third or fourth (whichever one it is) for 'Casually Dressed.....', although I've lost my copy of it, which sucks balls.

Chalk me up for "Ideas Above Our Station" by Hundred Reasons....oh and "Neon Handshake" by Hell Is For Heroes.

Not so keen on HR, but Hell is for Heroes are phenomenal, and due to them supporting Papa Roach and the Murderdolls, are the first band I ever heard/saw live. Loe Neon Handshake. Transmit Disrupt is ok I guess, but nowhere near on a par with the debut.

Edited by YI

"Happiness in Magazines" and "Lovel Travels at Illegal Speeds" by Graham Coxon.

His first few albums weren't all that to be honest, "Golden D" had it's moments but by and large they were angry but not that good. However, since he split with Blur his two albums (above) are simply first class. Happiness is probably the better of the two, but both are just a cut above anything solo he's done while with Blur.

A possibility is because he was desperately trying to make any sound that was as different from any Blur as possible, but since he split, he feels he's able to do whatever he wants. That's my theory anyway.

Regarding the 'Casually dressed' album, that's been on my ipod for a couple of years now by way of my lass' cds finding their way onto it, so I'll give it a listen tonight on the tube home...

Edited by JimbobJoylove

I keep forgetting just how good White Rabbits' Fort Nightly is. It's slipped under the radar this year and I keep forgetting about it until it slips on to my Album playlist.

Early And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead is pretty much all excellent as well and is rarely mentioned as such.

I'll throw in the first two Stereophonics albums as well. I think it gets painted with a bad brush as it was at a time when British Indie was awful.

13 by Blur. Well, everything by Blur considering I only re-listened to their stuff a few months ago.

Dead Kennedys - Give Me Convenience Or Give Me Death:

Seriously this thing is gold all the through but for some reason forget about it, and don't listen to them at all for months before rediscovering it like an Alzheimer's patient rediscovers masturbation.

A pleasant surprise.