Guilty Pleasure Albums...

darkrayne

Honestly, if my friends don't approve, they can kiss my ass. But I get the point of the thread, and about the only guilty pleasure (if you can call it that) that I can think of is Duran Duran's Rio. I doubt any of my crowd or friends would suspect me getting down to that.

But as I said, I don't think I feel like I'd be ashamed of anything I listen to. It's all a matter of personal taste, and no amount of chastising or heckling will ever get me to change my mind or opinion.

No real guilty pleasures. My circle of friends is pretty open minded. I listen to all sorts, from Slayer to Dizzee Rascal to Otis Redding and everything inbetween. The only thing I've ever enjoyed that no-one else did, was a brief Crunk phase I went through for about a month. No-one backed me up on that, and in hindsight I can see why.

Fucking awful stuff.

I don't really have "guilty pleasures" per sé, as I'm not embarassed by anything I listen to, which would pretty much be a prerequisite to the whole "guilty pleasure" concept, but the closest I can get is any of the following, really; Dizzee Rascal, lately, which I would only consider a "guilty pleasure" because I despised him for the longest time, and deep down part of me seems to feel like I still should, but I'm loving Temptation and Wannabe...also, "Little Star" by Cee-Lo and Kelis, but fuck it, I love Cee-Lo (Gnarls Barkley is never a guilty pleasure), and it's a pretty song, "Foundations" by Kate Nash is another. The big one would be "Introduction" by Alex Parks, though, I love that album, and a lot of people have made fun of me for my Alex love. Only lesbians seem to understand.

Nothing really. In retrospect I've gone through one of two phases where I've bought albums that now makes me wince (I'm looking at you Kid Rock), but they fitted me at the time, I mean who is going to begrudge a ten year old for buying a Spin Doctors album?

I don't really have guilty albums as I only tend to buy the albums of bands I like for fear of the two good songs then nine of shit that you normally get if you buy from bands you hear a song from on the radio. I do find myself tapping my feet to some embarrassing stuff though.