Good Fucking Rock Songs

Nerf

So, last night I was watching VH1's 40 Greatest Rock Star Girlfriends & Wives, and E!'s 100 Sexiest Bad Girls. Now, it was really early in the morning and I had nothing else to do, so forgive me for watching such shit. However, it occured to me part way through that some of the songs that were played in the background were just some fucking good, loud, Rock n' Roll songs. I can't remember them all, but they played "Kickstart My Heart" "American Badass" and "Californication" (which until last night I did not realise just how good it was). It made me think. I love cocky, arrogant, loud US Rock music. I watched the video for "Show Me How To Live" before heading off to bed, and I just really, really want some examples of songs like this to make a playlist. You know the type, just the loud, raunchy, dirty, American rock music that you can imagine driving, partying or fucking to.

Velver Revolver - Slither

Monster Magnet - Space Lord (especially the chorus, godly)

Check out some Clutch also. Not necessarily cocky and arrogant, but balls out rock nonetheless.

Along the same line, check out Diablo Blvd. and Clean My Wounds by Corrosion Of Conformity.

Guest Mystery White Boy

Try Huck Johns. He has some good, cocky music. Does a great cover of Seger's Ramblin' Gamblin man. His sound is similar to Buckcherry, but I prefer Huck Johns.

BLOOD RACKED BARBED WIRE

POLITICIANS FUNERAL PYRE

INNOCENTS RAPED WITH NAPALM FIRE

TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY SCHIZOID MAN.

That's what I've been doing my rocking out to lately.

If we're going to go raunchy American rock:

LA Guns, Dogs D'Amour, Nikki Sudden's more upbeat stuff (he was British, but by his solo career he'd like to think otherwise), Skid Row, latter day Cult, Johnny Thunders.

EBG won. Ted Nugent's the epitome of cocky, loud, arrogant American rock. Check out "Stranglehold" or "Free For All".

Most Velvet Revolver tracks, in particular "Superhuman" and "Slither", Jane's Addiction's "Just Because" is a track that I'd put in that for sure as well as maybe "Been Caught Stealing" if you were looking for a second. My current big one is The Offspring's cover of AC/DC's "Sin City". Various tracks from the latest QOTSA album have that feel, their own description was dark, hard and electrical " sort of like a construction worker". Dave Navarro's "Everything" is good as is "Not For Nothing" which has a similar sound and style (and direct lyrical links) to "Starfuckers" by NiN, in fact, a lot of Navarro's work (solo and in band) lends itself to a loud hard abrasive rock sound.

Edited by AC/Benji