PES 2008

Baddar

To elaborate a little bit on what I said earlier in the thread; I started a Master League with a created team and started with the default Master League squad. First season I was leaking goals from set pieces left and right, and finished about 14th, largely thanks to signing Larsson in the first transfer window. Over the summer I signed Hyppia, and the next season with a tall centre back I found myself conceding less from corners and free kicks. I won promotion that year and in my second summer created a solid centre back pairing (well as solid as Hyppia and Titus Bramble can be) and now it doesn't happen at all.

I think it's all down to the quality of your squad and much like in real life, the lower down the leagues you go the more goals are scored from set pieces.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To elaborate a little bit on what I said earlier in the thread; I started a Master League with a created team and started with the default Master League squad. First season I was leaking goals from set pieces left and right, and finished about 14th, largely thanks to signing Larsson in the first transfer window. Over the summer I signed Hyppia, and the next season with a tall centre back I found myself conceding less from corners and free kicks. I won promotion that year and in my second summer created a solid centre back pairing (well as solid as Hyppia and Titus Bramble can be) and now it doesn't happen at all.

I think it's all down to the quality of your squad and much like in real life, the lower down the leagues you go the more goals are scored from set pieces.

*Goes and signs Hyypia and Bramble* :shifty:

This game is broken. I just scored from just inside the semi circle that is in the opponents half of the field. Part of the big circle in the centre of the pitch. Gerrard is tustiling away with Carsley and lets rip a shot which foxes Howard, clips the underside of the bar and goes in. Achivement for me? No. And it says the furthest i've scored from is 34m. Bollocks.

Fucking game. :angry:

If it doesn't give me the all English teams beaten achivement when I beat Newcastle i'm not gonna be happy.

It did. But still, I want my long range achivement.

Edited by TheEllisComplex

Well...Time to go and carry on my first season with Sporting I think. Unless miracles happen, I'll be spending a second season in Div 2. :(

EDIT: Leandro Romagnoli you fucking legend. Scored twice in a 2-0 win over Panathinaikos :D

Edited by Baddar D

Anyone know of any good players (preferably ones who have good passing ability) that become available after the first season in the ML. Looking to bring some players in for nothing...so if you know of any, let me know.

...That's providing players become available that are out of contract after the first season. I'm not sure if they do or not.

Edited by Baddar D

Urgent help!!

I'm in the negotiation period at the end of the first season, and have added to my squad. I've now got a message saying "Financial Problem - Insufficient Funds". Looking at expected earnings, I have 11338 and the salary is 13352. Now, will it be game over if it doesn't improve/get into a positive number by the end of the negotiations, or will it go by what I have at the end of the second season?

EDIT: Had to release a couple of players to make sure I had enough. The 2nd season has just started and I'm about 8000pts short of what I need to pay the salaries. I'm guessing I'll be able to make that up during the season.

Edited by Baddar D

Yeah I think that's it.

Well, first game of the second season now. Panathinaikos at Home.

Green and White versus .......Green and White :crying: - Nice kit clash to begin the season with.

EDIT: C'mon - Beat them 2-0 with goals from Djalo (Who I'd recommend to anyone) and Moutinho. Brought Djalo on for Celsinho...2mins later BANG, 1-0. Love it when that happens.

Coped well enough at the back, though I won't say anything yet...I conceded about 15 more than the bottom team in the league last season. I ended up scoring more than anyone else, as well as conceding the most. Finished 6th.

Edited by Baddar D

• 3 months later...

Anyone still play?

I stopped when mine became out-dated with the transfers etc. But I've just started playing again because of the new Option File with all the January Transfers.

I must say, it's the best one I've played with so far. The kits the guy has done are better than what I was playing with before. The "big four" kits actually look like they've been licensed. And I think appearances have been tweaked as well, at least Man Utd's have anyway. Pique looks amazing.

Also, these sides have been added to replace "fake teams", whatever they were...

Stuttgart

Werder Bremen

Schalke

Borussia Dortmund

Wolfsburg

Bayer Leverkusen

Hamburg

Nurnberg

Hertha Berlin

Sao Paulo

Boca Juniors

Red Bull Salzburg

Aberdeen

Slavia Prague

Steaua Bucharest

Shakhtar Donetsk

CSKA Moscow

Zenit St Petersburg

As well as all of that, the Premier League numbers (of the big four definitely, and I imagine the others too) now look like this season's style of name/number font.

So yeah, if you're looking to get back into PES, I'd get this OF. I'll probably start a Master League with it over the weekend.

EDIT: If you want the OF, PM me and I'll send you the link - Not sure I'm allowed to post it in here.

Edited by Badd-um-tsch

I bought my 360 on saturday and got Pro with it. I'm absolutely shit on this version for some reason. I keep giving the ball away which is frustrating and every time I concede a free kick around my area it seems to fly into the back of the net usually clipping the inside of the post on the way. On the other games I use to win pretty much every match convicingly without too much effort. I noticed immediatly the computers A.I has been drastically improved.

Edited by Butch and Cassidy

I bought my 360 on saturday and got Pro with it. I'm absolutely shit on this version for some reason. I keep giving the ball away which is frustrating and every time I concede a free kick around my area it seems to fly into the back of the net usually clipping the inside of the post on the way. On the other games I use to win pretty much every match convicingly without too much effort. I noticed immediatly the computers A.I has been drastically improved.

The AI now adapts to your style of play, so it makes it hard. Just vary your play and you'll be ok.

I would say to try and get a player on the edge of the 6 yard box, standing at the opposite side of the goal to the 'keeper. The FK will either go in the direction of the 'keeper or your defender, giving you a chance to stop it going in. It's worked well for me.

Edited by Badd-um-tsch

Thanks, that solved the free kick problem. But I still suck horribly. I've tried with both Villa and Man City to get a decent master league campaign underway but it's just so frustrating. I create barely any chances which leads me to tinkering endlessly with formations and different players. I miss the old days when you could just play two fast wingers and that would be it on the tactics front <_<.

EDIT: There's been a turn around. I'm panning everyone now, Dabo scored a hat-trick for me with three 25+ yard shots. Also, whoever performs that song on the game "All I Wanna Do Is Kick It!" needs to die.

Edited by Butch and Cassidy

• Admin

Right, so picked up a PS3 and this yesterday, haven't had much chance to play it, but I must say, my first game (using the OF Baddar kindly provided) was great fun - took me back to the halycon days of Pro Evo 5 on the PS2.

Tonight will see the mass editing of the Blackburn squad to make them look spot-on!