PES 2008

Baddar

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious in your opinion what is the best goal you ever scored in PES? I just got mine today...0-0 in extra time and I hit a hopeful long ball with Terry, it heads towards Crouch but the defender wins the header and powerfully hacks it to the halfway line...Terry heads it back and Lampard takes it behind a defender with his first touch then curls it home from just outside the half-way line.

Pro Evo 2, by a mile. I hadn't had it long, only a couple of days and it was the first PES I had owned, so I wasn't 100% used to the controls. Playing as Man Utd, against Barcelona i think, I got the ball with Beckham on the right touchline, just inside my own half and pinged a ball over the top.. right into Solskjaer's path, takes it down on the edge of the box with his left foot... bringing it inside the recovering defender, then smashes it on the half volley into the top corner.

It just looked so realistic... it was the moment I realised I loved PES.

My favourite goals was back on ISS'98. Roberto Carlos. I was playing Jamaica in a World Cup, not sure if I was on Medium or Hard. Anyways, I had a free kick, in the centre circle, just inside my opponents half. I couldn't be fucked to do anything with it, so I just held down shoot, not expecting anything much to happen. Carlos does his massive run up...kicks it...SCORES!! I literally jump up out of my chair (I'd have been like 11 motherfuckers :shifty:) and start celebrating...was absolute gold. It was probably the only freekick I scored until like Pro Evo 4 too. :shifty:

So this just came out recently here in the US. Having never played the ProEvo/Winning 11 series, should I get it? I've seen user reviews ranging from an 8 down to a 3 or 4.

And by OF do you mean Options File? Are these updates available for the 360 somehow? Thanks in advance.

Edited by CQI13

So this just came out recently here in the US. Having never played the ProEvo/Winning 11 series, should I get it? I've seen user reviews ranging from an 8 down to a 3 or 4.

And by OF do you mean Options File? Are these updates available for the 360 somehow? Thanks in advance.

I think you can get them for the 360, but they're harder to put on than the PS3 version. Try PESGaming.com for the latest Option File for the 360. I know there's been talk on their boards about the US OF's released.

You'll probably need to join before you see the OF's section though.

Just with regards to Fifa, I own both and, while PES is still the better game overall, Fifa has come on leaps and bounds since the last one I owned (2002). In actual fact, i'd say that Pro Evo's gameplay is only a bit better now, I'll still always prefer PES, but Fifa is definitely improving... I'd love to see a game that mixed the best of Fifa with the best of PES. It would be the ultimate football game.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

Well, got this game today. Played a few games on the second difficulty (Amateur) against lesser competition to get used to controls and stuff. Won 2-1 and 2-0. Then played against someone who had identical stats, and won 1-0 with a goal in the second extra time. This game is fun.

I still enjoy PES4, although my disk has scratched beyond being read now. I have 2008 on the PS3, however that's only a continuation of the Master League game I had going on my PC edition of 4. I started on there as Patagonia, who don't seem to have been carried over in the following versions. Nevermind, just a few thousand clicks of the button later and my team as I knew it in PES4 are alive and Master League-ing away on 2008.

Probably should've just spent £1 on ebay and got a new version of 4.

Well, I'm sold on this game. It was a bit difficult to get used to the controls at first, and the lack of licensed teams and players (as was said before, players are there, but their names are spelled incorrectly) was a bit jarring at first (having been used to FIFA). But once I started playing the Master League, with a created team, it stopped bothering me, since heck, MY team doesn't exist. Must say I really like the option to create your own kits (I'm sponsored by Kellogg's Special K -- the only product I had handy at the time). But I LOVE the fact that you can edit your kit at any point during the season.