PES 2008

Baddar

I just had a great game against 9 to 5. He beat me 2-1 with Chelsea (I was Barca)

...I should've won though, I dominated. :shifty:

Nah, I'm decent going forward but my defending sometimes is rather poor.

PS3 identity is Badd-um-tsch if you wanna add me, just let me know who you are when sending the request.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had a great game against 9 to 5. He beat me 2-1 with Chelsea (I was Barca)

PS3 identity is Badd-um-tsch if you wanna add me, just let me know who you are when sending the request.

You mean you ahd 2 good chnces, I had 3 and you only got your goal in a stoppage time pen? >_>

You mean you ahd 2 good chnces, I had 3 and you only got your goal in a stoppage time pen? >_>

My superior possession and attempts at goal/on target goes some way to telling me I deserved at least a draw. I WILL beat you...one day. :shifty:

• Admin

Played 9 To 5 last night, in an epic Scotland vs Peru match. My brave Scots finally won the day 4-2, but the highlight were my opening two goals - screamers from the edge of the box into the top corner!

Can anyone tell me if there any specific buttons to do the backheel shot or does it depend on the position?

I've never seen a backheel shot but to use the backheel pass you need to be moving away from the player your passing to so I'd imagine it works similiar to that. Also, It's probably only the top players that can do it.

Edited by Animal Mother

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm good at the game (I think) but online is so shit compared to Fifa it's unbelievable. This isn't me being a "fanboy" or anything, because usually I prefer PES. This year, it's Fifa for me.

I'm not really into playing football games on my own anymore. Playing against the CPU is nowhere near as fun as it used to be.

That said, I'll probably end up buying PES and Fifa 09, because I'm just stupid like that.

I don't know, for me, Fifa this year is harder to score than before.

If you're quite poor at it, you still feel like you're in with a chance when you play online. Whereas PES online has so many things wrong with it, that whoever you play could beat you due to the lag and them knowing the latest glitches to help them score.

Whenever I played PES online, it seemed three teams existed. United, Barca and Chelsea. That was it. Nobody ever seemed to go anyone besides that, and it started to get annoying knowing you'd have to deal with not only the lag, but the annoyance of Ronaldo or Messi burning past you on the wing, then before you know it dragging it back to a striker to score.

It's hard to explain, but Fifa feels like it's closer to real football this year than PES in my opinion. People used to describe PES as "arcadey" and I've defended it (even this years at one point) but after playing Fifa, it does feel like it. And way too fast-paced, also.