Assassin's Creed Thread

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was known months before the release date that the story was going to span across multiple games.

Yes, but the end sucks shit quite frankly. It's fucking horrid as far as "cliff hangers" go.

The stuff with Altair actually becomes very enjoyable once you reach the last assassination, which is unfortunate because there's not much left. But what happens at the end is idiotic.

I understand the premise of spanning multiple games with the story, but what they do is inexcusable. Try that with a movie series and you'd see the thing damn near sink from all of the bile thrown at them. Giving a proper conclusion wouldn't have hurt, at least one with more closure than provided. Instead you get an ending that literally says.... "Yeah, wait a few years until we give you the sequel to know what happens."

Edited by shaneo

I don't know why my brother bothered to buy this game. Had a play with it the other day, got through the tutorial shit, did a couple missions and I don't think it's that special. Running around and jumping on stuff is cool and all, but it just seems a little repetitive in that everything seems the same to me. It might just be me, but I don't see how this game deserves all the hype it's getting.

Alright, just beat the game.

I enjoyed the ending, as ambiguous as it was. Ultimately though, I still think this game was a huge disappointment.

Other than that, I agree entirely with IGN UK's review of the game. It's nice to know that some reviewers out there still have some sense, which is more than what I can say for most of the reviews I read on the internet.

Edited by Gongsun Zan

After assasinating the merchant king

In spoliers just in case.

I have about 20 guards chasing me, whenever I kill the last one the game freezes. I've done it twice and its frozen straight after killing the last guard. Is this a common glitch? Do I need to spend like an hour trying to hide from them all? Or should I just take my copy back to the store and get it replaced?

Hehehehe I got two free hooded Assassin's Creed t-shirts for work. Kinda cool in a slightly gay kinda way.

Also, got first dibs on a VERY COOL Altair figure so I bought it. Removable sword, four removable throwing knives, a removable short sword and a retractable blade on his left wrist.

Looks good too and quite nicely poseable.

Hehehehe I got two free hooded Assassin's Creed t-shirts for work. Kinda cool in a slightly gay kinda way.

Have actually been looking up and down for those shirts. There wouldn't happen to be a way I could finagle one of those from ya, would there?

It would cost you some money but we could sort that (Y)

Offer me what you think one is worth through PM :P hehehehe

yeah, so, i'm becoming increasingly fed up with the Animus whenever you start the game or when you jump back in after being pulled out by the doctor. It seems like I have to run straight ahead for 5 minutes before the fucking thing puts me back into the actual game. Or am I just missing something?

Yeah, but there's like, nothing to do with Altair during that. Except run. :P

And I'm on the Robert assassination, and I can't find a 3rd informant for the life of me. I got the one where you pickpocket the soldier when he was talking to the Templar, and the one where the guy that looks like Altair makes you do a mission. But I can't find another one so I can start my assassination memory, damnit!!