Much love to New Order

YI

I can't sleep without my nose running and my throat aching so badly. Just throw on some New Order tracks and I'm so happy I want to cry with joy and dance about.

Easily one of the best bands ever. Discuss. Favourite tunes...favourite albums...anything New Order related.

Edited by YI

I've seen them live about 5 or 6 times, one of my favourite bands, and they've been excellent every single time, not missing a beat. Favourite song is probably Crystal or Krafty, as for favourite album I actually think Waiting For The Sirens Call (the last studio album) is one of their better and most consistent offerings, as to me, a lot of their previous studio albums have nearly always been hot and cold, half excellent, half not so.

It's a shame that at the moment, it looks like they won't be performing/writing together with Hooky for a while, but I'm sure they'll be back soon.

Edited by JimbobJoylove

• 9 months later...

BUUUUUMP!

Yes. Such a fucking INCREDIBLE band. Can do no fucking wrong. Even their new stuff is acceptable. Not the best, but still some solid tunes.

Favourite tracks;

Bizarre Love Triangle ('86 and '94 mixes...I prefer '86, but '94 is great too, more upbeat)

All The Way

The Perfect Kiss

Shellshock

Blue Monday (I prefer the '88 mix)

Angel Dust

Regret (My favourite intro EVER)

Mr Disco

Ceremony

The Village

Love Vigilantes

True Faith

Age Of Consent

This Time Of Night

Round & Round

Edited by YI

True Faith is mint, and the video is one of the greatest ever. I never knew the difference between the original and the '94 mix, either I only ever heard the one version, or there's very little difference.

They're one of those bands that I really like, but just never get round to getting any of their stuff, and I don't know where to start.

I've only got a greatest hits so I only really know their singles. I like Bizarre Love Triangle, Regret, 1963 and Touched By The Hand of God. Also, embarassingly for someone from Scotland, World In Motion regularly appears on my iPod. Good song, apart from the last part. :P

True Faith is mint, and the video is one of the greatest ever. I never knew the difference between the original and the '94 mix, either I only ever heard the one version, or there's very little difference.

They're one of those bands that I really like, but just never get round to getting any of their stuff, and I don't know where to start.

Same for me. Wish I knew more New Order.

As stated earlier in the thread, my favourite 3 albums are "Low-Life", "Brotherhood" and "Technique"...with "Technique" probably edging the others out. "Technique" doesn't have the strength of 'singles' that the other two had (I mean "Run" and "Round & Round are good, but not a patch on overall quality of "Bizarre Love Triangle", "The Perfect Kiss", "State Of The Nation" or "Sub-Culture" from the other two albums), but the other tracks are generally fucking amazing.

So yeah, "Low-Life", "Brotherhood" and "Technique".

Edited by YI

I'd recommend The Best of New Order. That's album I have and it includes nearly all their best singles, including the likes of Bizarre Love Triangle, True Faith and Regret. Obviously being a Greatest Hits it isn't entirely definitive as it doesn't contain Temptation and Love Vigilantes among other lesser known songs, but its a very good starting point.

I've only got a greatest hits so I only really know their singles. I like Bizarre Love Triangle, Regret, 1963 and Touched By The Hand of God. Also, embarassingly for someone from Scotland, World In Motion regularly appears on my iPod. Good song, apart from the last part. :P

You're joking, the John Barnes rap is the greatest part of that song. And any song ever recorded in the history of the universe.

Anyway, for a Greatest Hits album I'd recommend this myself.

I second that motion for Substance. I have to say though I only really liked one track from Waiting For The Sirens' Call, and that was 'Guilt Is A Useless Emotion'; give me 'True Faith' or 'Confusion' over the newer material anyday,