Mighty Boosh

YI

I watched the episode and it was really funny, "I'm a woman in the prime of her life in need of some love squeezing!" classic Boosh, it was reallly good episode, hopefully a good start to a good series! Watch for the guy that comes into the shop, if you have seen previous series of the Mighty Boosh you may just recognise him!

To be honest, I wasn't expecting much of this series, but if the first episode was anything to go by, then it's going to be fucking brilliant. I loved it...it was more of a headfuck than pretty much anything they've done this side of "Live On The Breezeblock", it included The Hitcher and Tony Harrison, who are always a plus, as well as a couple of rape jokes, obviously based on the popularity of the live DVD, as they could never have got away with being that risqué beforehand. Not the strongest Boosh episode at all, but a fantastic opening....it's just interesting to see The Hitcher used in the opening episode when so far he's been the recurring villain, through the live stuff, radio, and TV...

The reason they never recognise The Hitcher is that every series is an entirely different continuity, and he only appears once a series. So the Vince and Howard in this series never lived in the flat in the second series, and the Vince & Howard in the third and second series never worked at the zoo in the first series or on the radio show.

It's like a Mickey Mouse cartoon; Pegleg Pete would show up all the time, in different roles, but Mickey wouldn't necessarily recognise him as being the same guy.

Has that been stated or did you just make it up? Naboo and Bollo still have all their shaman-y mates, but on the other hand they didn't mention Bob Fossil at the end of the Milky Joe episode. Its not really a problem, but its an interesting idea.

I read in an interview with Julian Barratt in some shit celeb gossip magazine that "it's like Tom & Jerry", in that no episode has any bearing on any other, there's no real continuity. I just extrapolated from that the idea that each series is entirely independent of the other.

• 3 weeks later...

The Kirk gag's wearing a little thin. It was great as a one off though.

It's been a great series. A lot more 'real life' than the previous ones...although still trippy as fuck....if not more trippy than the rest. It's hard to say which series I enjoy the most. As they're all amazing, but subtley different. The first series...the little 'sketches' at the beginning and end...I miss them. :(

I prefer 1 & 2 to 3. Not saying I dislike 3, but I've found 1 & 2 just to be better. Probably because they had the better characters or introduced them etc. Old Gregg, The Hitcher etc. Plus I've found the songs to be better in the earlier episodes.

We need more Rudi Van DiSarnio "Put away those fiery biscuits!"

Eels was a good song :D

The episode with the lookalikes which was on last week was kinda average although the first five minutes was very good, with the "I'm like a beachball" line and the "have you got my script?"

In fact, every episode seems to peak within the first five minutes with their early banter. Series one nailed it with the introduction which was very very good.

Yeah, the 'crimpin' one was probably my least favourite episode this series, possibly my least favourite Boosh episode ever. But the first 5 minutes were golden. This weeks was swank. I agree with the first 5 minutes of dialogue bit.

• 2 weeks later...

You didn't miss much. In fact I've found the whole series to be pretty disappointing other than one or two moments, or the odd line. I quite enjoyed the first series, particularly the Hitcher episode (me and my uni mates quoted the rap on and off for about three months >_>). Second series was good, but it was a shame they did away with the introduction segments. And this series has just been...meh, the songs have been utter shite and they just seemed to be going for bizarre rather than random and funny.