Ghostbusters announced

Fanku Kaibutsu

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111797601...d=1009&cs=1

Vivendi Games is pacting with Sony Pictures to turn "Ghostbusters" into a videogame franchise.

First title in what the publisher hopes will be a series of "Ghostbusters" games is set for release in fall '08 from Vivendi's Sierra label.

All four members of the movie team -- Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Bill Murray and Harold Ramis -- will be giving voice and likeness rights for the game. Some supporting castmembers have signed up as well, including William Atherton, Brian Doyle Murray and Annie Potts.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, wasn't that long ago that I was saying to someone that a new Ghostbusters game would own. Wonder what type it's gonna be. My idea was for a kinda free roaming one in the style of Spider-Man 2 and 3, where you can either do the main story missions or go around randomly busting ghosts and doing other side stuff.

Or they could just take the concept and run with it. It's easy enough to create a semi-original plot for a game when they already have a solid foundation in place. Strictly adhering to the film(s) isn't really necessary.

Edited by stokeriño

I heard Akroyd and Ramis will write the story for the game as a sort of "3rd movie"

I have a source but it is in dutch so i'll look for another one...

Ahh yes here is a source "click" but I don't know how reliable it is. I do know the dutch site is reliable Here is the Dutch link for anyone who knows Dutch or is interested in learning it.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it would be a stretch, but wouldn't it be cool if this game was actually turned into Ghostbusters 3?

That would be cool! The medium of video-games is kind of heading into that direction anyways, with games taking as long as movies to make and just the same amount of effort too. Instead of making this "Ghostbusters: The Game", they could make this the third movie that never was and bill it as such. If they make it properly, it would be just as funny and more immersive then any movie could be.