So, what's the general perception of Evanescence's new single?

Guest tiarnantmann

TOKEN PIANO TUNE!!! MY IMMORTAL > THIS.

"A bit of a contract"...yeah, do you live under a rock...EVERY 'at-rock' band puts out the token 'slow-ballad' as a single. This one seems to be lacking any form of catchiness and hooks that such slow songs should have, or it doesn't draw in anyone new, and bores the current fanbase.

And Evanenscence are still pumping out singles? It's been nearly 2 years since they put this album out. And it was a flop. Fucking move on.

I mean I quite like them (hard to tell isn't it...Whisper, Tourniquet, My Immortal, great tunes), but if Amy Lee were a heffa nobody would give a shit.

Edited by YI

Guest tiarnantman

"A bit of a contract"...yeah, do you live under a rock...EVERY 'at-rock' band puts out the token 'slow-ballad' as a single. This one seems to be lacking any form of catchiness and hooks that such slow songs should have, or it doesn't draw in anyone new, and bores the current fanbase.

And Evanenscence are still pumping out singles? It's been nearly 2 years since they put this album out. And it was a flop. Fucking move on.

I mean I quite like them (hard to tell isn't it...Whisper, Tourniquet, My Immortal, great tunes), but if Amy Lee were a heffa nobody would give a shit.

Wow I accidentally spelled a word wrong. Fuck off.

I have heard the album version.

I meant a flop musically. They didn't push any boundaries from "Fallen", and I hate it when a band remains stagnant (...well...there's a couple of exceptions). And to be honest. I just haven't dug anything on the new release at all.

As for the 2 year thing. I thought it was released early 2006. Guess I was wrong.

It's the same style as "My Immortal", yet it may be 'happy', it still sounds like a 'depressing dirge, but it's your token slowed down ballad, which is a staple of EVERY alt-rock release, and is generally pumped out at some point as a single to rope in the masses. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I just feel as though this song doesn't have the melodies that this kind of song should have. It seems dull. Even the orchestration does nothing to it, besides 'fill it out'. It lacks charm.

Don't get me wrong, it's not an AWFUL song by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by YI

TOKEN PIANO TUNE!!! MY IMMORTAL > THIS.

This calls for an experiment! Contact whoever Nerf dumped last, give her a piano and let's see what happens...

Guest tiarnantman

Wow I accidentally spelled a word wrong. Fuck off.

I have heard the album version.

I meant a flop musically. They didn't push any boundaries from "Fallen", and I hate it when a band remains stagnant (...well...there's a couple of exceptions). And to be honest. I just haven't dug anything on the new release at all.

As for the 2 year thing. I thought it was released early 2006. Guess I was wrong.

It's the same style as "My Immortal", yet it may be 'happy', it still sounds like a 'depressing dirge, but it's your token slowed down ballad, which is a staple of EVERY alt-rock release, and is generally pumped out at some point as a single to rope in the masses. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I just feel as though this song doesn't have the melodies that this kind of song should have. It seems dull. Even the orchestration does nothing to it, besides 'fill it out'. It lacks charm.

Don't get me wrong, it's not an AWFUL song by any stretch of the imagination.

Good Enough was a song off The Open Door that took a bit to grow on me, but it did eventually. I'm a big fan of theirs, and I like the song, and it should be noted for being the first truly happy song they've released. Having said that, I'm not sure it was the best choice for a single. So my opinion on it as a single is mixed.

I'm not sure what else they could've released as single #4, though.