The Boston Red Sox topic

Lowerdeck

Ugh. Last night the Sox got killed about 8-1 to Anaheim. Boston only got four hits. I'm not sure how many runs Derek Lowe gave up, but it's probably a lot (again.)

Talks are off between the Sox and Cubs, supposedly, with that end of the Nomar/Randy Johnson trade.

Ramiro Mendoza is back up, Kevin Youkilis goes back down to Pawtucket.

Quite frankly, I'm sick of all this shit. The team is slumping, Derek Lowe has been a disaster all year. Management just sits back and plays with their thumbs watching it all go down. I'm not sure what Terry Francona's doing, but I heard he's lost control in the clubhouse - much like Joe Kerrigan and Jimy Williams?

We need to make some moves now. Nomar is not going to come back, deal him now. Randy Johnson will make impact, and I don't want him a Yankee. I'm pretty much losing hope in the season.

Either...

A. scrap the team and rebuild this.

B. Make a run for it and make deals to do it

You can't just sit back and expect we're going to turn this around. We're like 8 games behind New York. Oakland's going to pull ahead, or someone else at this rate. Tampa's close by for 2nd in the division. Ugh.

I'm the BlueJays #1 fan but I also like the Red Sox. I think they need to move Garciapara and start trying to spend money on younger players. Youkolis needs to play everyday, he will be that good.

The Sox must block the trade of Randy Johnson to The Yankees. If the Big Unit goes there then Boston is fucked! I say they put together some prospects along with Muller and make the deal with Johnson. That way Schilling, Johnson and Pedro form the best top 3 in a rotation maybe ever. And the added bonus, more playing time for Kevin Yuoklis!!!

eh....im sick of the red sox. im a fan of them but im sick of everyone saying nomar sucks, and bitching about getting randy johnson. i dont think we should get him, in fact im sure we shouldnt....he's 40, and isnt gonna last for more than a couple seasons. I think we should concentrate on trying to get a younger pitcher that can eat up innings. My first choice would be Ben Sheets, but im not sure if hes available. If he is, i would say go out and try to lure him to boston.

Wait, wait, wait... I know how this thread is supposed to go..

BoSox Fan: ' NOM-AH!'

Yankee Fan: ' 19-14!'

BoSox: ' PEDRO!'

Yanks: 'JET-AH!'

BoSox: ' MANNY!'

syco: ' SHUT THE FUCK UP! NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE YANKS OR THE SOX OUTSIDE OF NEW ENGLAND! AND GAGNE IS BETTER THEN MARIANO!'

Did I get it right?

Yankee Fan: ' 19-14!'

Um.....that would be 1918.

The Angels should try and land him

RJ would go there because it would allow him to stay close to his home in Arizona. Moreno however has said that he does not want to part with Kotchman or McPherson.

RJ isn't going anywhere, In a Arizona Newspaper, RJ is quoted as saying the place where he really would want to go is to the Evil Empire, but they just don't have prospects to land the deal. Plus, RJ has that little No-Trade claus in his contract and the D-Backs have yet to ask him to waive it nor would he waive it. Plus, he also said, on televison, that he would only accpet a trade if it benfited the D-Backs. Now as for Nomar, he dosen't suck, yet he is on the decline and if any type of deal will go down, it will more than likely be the day of the trade deadline.

syco: ' SHUT THE FUCK UP! NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE YANKS OR THE SOX OUTSIDE OF NEW ENGLAND! AND GAGNE IS BETTER THEN MARIANO!'

No one cares about the Red Soxs outside of New England? Are you sure about that? Toronto gets horrible attendance figures, but get a good crowd when Red Sox show up. The crowd was split between Braves and Red Sox down in Atlanta. Montreal gets excellent crowds when the Sox show up. It's like this wherever they go. Why do you think there is a term "Red Sox Nation?" It's because the nation likes the Red Sox.

No one cares about the Red Soxs outside of New England? Are you sure about that? Toronto gets horrible attendance figures, but get a good crowd when Red Sox show up. The crowd was split between Braves and Red Sox down in Atlanta. Montreal gets excellent crowds when the Sox show up. It's like this wherever they go. Why do you think there is a term "Red Sox Nation?" It's because the nation likes the Red Sox.

Agreed. The majority of baseball fans either side with the Yankees or the Red Sox. The rivalry is the biggest reason baseball is shattering attendance figures. It's the main storyline of the MLB if you will.

I'll admit, I love a good Sox/Yankees game, but to be a rivalry, each team has to win about the same amount of time. There is no rivalry, because the Yanks, historically, own the Sox.

But, I hate when its called the most heated. Dodgers/Giants is more heated. Hell, I've never seen a Yankee player take a bat to the Sox catcher's face, but its happened in the Dodgers/Giants rivalry.

I'll admit, I love a good Sox/Yankees game, but to be a rivalry, each team has to win about the same amount of time. There is no rivalry, because the Yanks, historically, own the Sox.

But, I hate when its called the most heated. Dodgers/Giants is more heated. Hell, I've never seen a Yankee player take a bat to the Sox catcher's face, but its happened in the Dodgers/Giants rivalry.

Speaking of hitting someone in the face, today's game was just nuts, and I loved every freaking SECOND of it.

Mind you, the beloved Sawx won't even come close to the East, but I can honestly see them pulling it together and grabbing the Wild Card if Francona can grow a pair and use this to focus the team.

Great weekend of baseball so far. The whole A-Rod/Varitek think injected some life into a lifeless Sturtze/Arroyo matchup. Boy, do the Yanks need some innings from Contreras tomorrow. That bullpen has seen some major innings lately.

IMO, this is still the team to beat in the AL. This team is built great for the playoffs and would give anyone a scare.

Great weekend of baseball so far. The whole A-Rod/Varitek think injected some life into a lifeless Sturtze/Arroyo matchup. Boy, do the Yanks need some innings from Contreras tomorrow. That bullpen has seen some major innings lately.

IMO, this is still the team to beat in the AL. This team is built great for the playoffs and would give anyone a scare.

Good point. The Sawx don't really need to be hot for 162 games. So long as they can play good baseball and snag the Wild Card, they can really put the fear of Jeebus into whoever they face in the opening round...

...'cept for the Yanks, because money fears no man.

Good point.  The Sawx don't really need to be hot for 162 games.  So long as they can play good baseball and snag the Wild Card, they can really put the fear of Jeebus into whoever they face in the opening round...

They won't face the Yanks in the first round. Two teams from the same division can't face each other.

Good point.  The Sawx don't really need to be hot for 162 games.  So long as they can play good baseball and snag the Wild Card, they can really put the fear of Jeebus into whoever they face in the opening round...

Actually, I'm thinkin' the team that no one wants to face in the AL is Anaheim, they'll be damn good when they get 100%.

And I don't want Nomah in LA. I like the defensive guys we have now. I'd rather add a bat to the outfield, or trade Shawn Green. He's a decent player, I just don't like him. BRING BACK SHEFF!

Actually, I'm thinkin' the team that no one wants to face in the AL is Anaheim, they'll be damn good when they get 100%.

And I don't want Nomah in LA. I like the defensive guys we have now. I'd rather add a bat to the outfield, or trade Shawn Green. He's a decent player, I just don't like him. BRING BACK SHEFF!

I'm an Angels fan.....but even I gotta say that without RJ in Anaheim's rotation Boston would be the favorite. If we can drop Colon down to Game 2 that'll be huge for us. The Angels really only need 6 innings from their starters. The bullpen is rock solid......but in a playoff series having Pedro/Schilling 1-2 is dynamite and at this point the Angels are gonna counter that with Colon and Escobar.

I hate the Angels, being a Dodger fan living in a house full of Angel fans, but I think they have the lineup to get to the Yankees, or even the Sox, pitching.

I'd love to see a Freeway World Series. I would bet that it would be more interesting then that Yankee/Mets series, because it would be a better match up. Hell, the Dodgers are in the running for the Big Unit, and a few other players, so we'll see what happens.