I Am Legend

Maxx

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides... it would totally suck to meet someone in a chat room who you think is human, and then agree to meet, only to end up being eaten when it turns out they weren't who they said they were... :shifty:

That made my day.

I pictured myself in that situation when I went to see the movie...and the first site I'd go to? Here....asking if anyone was alive <_>

Uh, radios are self powered. And in case you missed it, Neville has a generator; his electricity is provided by a gas powered generator. Radios run on batteries. There is no electricity as can be discerned when he goes inside buildings; they are completely and totally unlit and none of the desks have functioning computers. None of the street lights are working. And at night, there are no lights from any of the buildings. Simply put, the idea that he could get onto a chat room somewhere is... somewhat foolish.

In general zombie films, how often do you see working electricity et all? If the world is collapsing then power generation ceases in fairly short order.

But that's my point, why has the electricity failed? I don't understand why it just stops, isn't power like that turned off manually? :huh:

Amidst the chaos, I would assume people would be crashing into generators and such. It doesn't take much for electricity to go out, especially when no one is around to fix it. Ever have a telephone pole fall around your house? Power can go out for hours... now mix that with a zombie apocalypse.

Contrary to what many people (well, okay, just retards like Benji) think, powerplants are not, in fact, self sufficent. They require constant monitoring and regulation. Also, power does not come from people saying that they want power. Powerplants need fuel to burn, generally that fuel needs to be replaced on a semi constant basis. Some of this is automatic but much of it requires human authorization and monitoring, lest the whole thing go tits up. Do you, perchance, know what happens if someone takes a nap while observing a critical reaction in a nuclear powerplant?

Also, what Zero said about powerlines.

I have learned to stop overestimating people and now proceed under the assumption that I must tell them everything.

But that's my point, why has the electricity failed? I don't understand why it just stops, isn't power like that turned off manually? :huh:

Amidst the chaos, I would assume people would be crashing into generators and such. It doesn't take much for electricity to go out, especially when no one is around to fix it. Ever have a telephone pole fall around your house? Power can go out for hours... now mix that with a zombie apocalypse.