Jouzy Is An Indecisive Retard <3

Dingle

Well... I understand there are topics pertaining to this, however... since hen there have been different console releases within the x-box 360 and ps3 ranges...so my question is what is the best console to go for - including current and predicted prices, features, games range, future games range and general worth of money - out of the both of them. Having played on an x-box (360) for the first time on Christmas day at my girlfriends an realising the pad isn't TOO much different to the Playstation pad, I have an intrigue in the x-box now.

So yeah, CSAMH and gamers alike, which console should I go with?

Technically this is the 7th Generation of Consoles, but that's a whole new topic.

I'll answer your question with a question...what types of games do you like playing? Any particular franchises you follow? Particular genres you prefer? Do you like playing games online? The prices are similar now, you said you find the controllers similar, so it really comes down to those things.

I'd go with an NES in all honesty.

You get Super Mario Bros. as a pack in with so many damn exclusives it's mind boggling. You got Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Ninja Gaiden, Metroid, Zelda, licensed and sports games up the yazoo. It's like a cornucopia. It's 8 bit processor is a dream, with fantastically high definition graphics. Nothing beats them out there at all, seriously, just try out Duck Tales.

Libarary

But it all seriousness it comes down to what you like to play, as Drifter said.

The 360 and PS3 are effectively staples of the current "hardcore" stuff. Now that both are out exclusives are going to be few and far between, and at that said I am far more excited for the PS3. Of course it also has all of the technological advancements the 360 doesn't. Then you have the Wii, which is well, the Wii.

None of the systems really need endorsements or explanations anymore, as it's been done to death and everything to know is out there.

If money isn't an issue too much, look at all three, count up how many games you want to play, then count up how many look cool to you in the future and go with whichever winds up better suited to your ttastes.

Technically this is the 7th Generation of Consoles, but that's a whole new topic.

I'll answer your question with a question...what types of games do you like playing? Any particular franchises you follow? Particular genres you prefer? Do you like playing games online? The prices are similar now, you said you find the controllers similar, so it really comes down to those things.

Curses, I wasn't the first geeky person into this thread! :angry:

I know you don't want me to answer but meh.

If you love a social console that you can drink, laugh and play around with then it's the Wii. You'll need mates to get the most out of it though (I'd nearly get it for Mario vs Sonic alone)

If you want a console with the most online players, one that is settled and knows it's place in the market and is excellently supported go for the 360.

If you want "in" on a console that's still building every day (to what point we don't know) and that is offering promises that will be excellent if they succeed and depression if they fail, then go for the PS3.

The Wii is the success story, the 360 is the sure thing and the PS3 is the gamble.

Mario, Metroid, party games - Wii.

Halo, Gears of War, PGR - 360.

Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, FFXIII - PS3.

There, I tried to be unbiased and professional. :blink:

You don't get many exclusive games these days, especially between PS3 and 360...

From what I've heard he wants to keep it PS3 exclusive - I think Sony have given him a lot of support in his work and in their pimping of his project because it really is THE big PS3 exclusive - the game (perhaps even more than Gran Turismo) that will sell the console.

However to make back their development money they WILL have to sell a million copies of the game on release.

From a selfish standpoint of course I'm hoping it DOES stay exclusive. Fewer and fewer games are exclusive to one console these days...

From what I've heard he wants to keep it PS3 exclusive - I think Sony have given him a lot of support in his work and in their pimping of his project because it really is THE big PS3 exclusive - the game (perhaps even more than Gran Turismo) that will sell the console.

However to make back their development money they WILL have to sell a million copies of the game on release.

From a selfish standpoint of course I'm hoping it DOES stay exclusive. Fewer and fewer games are exclusive to one console these days...

I started typing a response but I realised just how incredibly biased and most likely inaccurate my opinion is. =P

I've had a Playstation and PS2 in the past and despite having been ever so slightly tempted this time round to opt for the X-Box I've stuck with the Sony machine. The Blu-ray didn't even come into it, that's just a nice bonus. One of the things I struggled with was the controls. I don't think I could get used to the X-Box pads or the nuisance of changing AA batteries all the time or forking out extra cash for a lithium/ion alternative. (Told you I was biased).

Here's how I see it:

Wii: Fun with a few mates, but the novelty will wear off eventually.

X-Box: Serious online gaming

PS3: All-round entertainment system.

Libarary

Someone needs to explain to me why no one's made a next-generation open-world DuckTales where Scrooge McDuck uses his pogo cane to steal cars and thwart Flintheart Glomgold's drug runs. If I find out Capcom's been sitting on this franchise doing nothing since 1989, I'm going to be very, very angry.

I've been a Playstation fanboy for years, since the original PS was released. I was excited for the PS3, and ignored the Xbox 360 for ages (having had an original Xbox and being somewhat unimpressed).

Then the PS3 went tits up in all kinds of spectacular ways, and I took a punt on a 360.

Best idea I ever had. The 360 is the king of this generation for serious gamers, I think the PS3 has had such a faltering start that I can't see it catching up.

I'd buy a 360, then by the time the PS3 catches it's stride in a year or so (or if it ever does), you can get one of them too.

I've been a Playstation fanboy for years, since the original PS was released. I was excited for the PS3, and ignored the Xbox 360 for ages (having had an original Xbox and being somewhat unimpressed).

Then the PS3 went tits up in all kinds of spectacular ways, and I took a punt on a 360.

Best idea I ever had. The 360 is the king of this generation for serious gamers, I think the PS3 has had such a faltering start that I can't see it catching up.

I'd buy a 360, then by the time the PS3 catches it's stride in a year or so (or if it ever does), you can get one of them too.

I'm a gaming fanboy. And right now the 360 is king.

Mass Effect, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed, SmackDown! vs RAW, Crackdown, Gears of War, The Orange Box, Bioshock, Oblivion, and so on. I admit most are FPS games, and quite a few are multi-platform, but there's just so many good games out for the 360 right now it's not even funny. I'm having trouble finding time to play through them all.

And my DS satisfies my mobile needs, and my Nintendo needs. :D

Never got into MGS or FF, so don't really care about the PS3.

As for MGS, Kojima has been adamant about keeping it a PS3 exclusive, but Konami was putting the pressure on him to port it over to make up developmental costs. At this point, I'd be stunned to see it show up on the 360, but I doubt it's entirely out of the realm of possibility.

If Halo 3 can sell as many copies as it did, MGS4 will have no problem shifting a million.

That I wouldn't be so sure of. MGS3's sales were pretty disappointing when compared to MGS and MGS2. It sold almost 4 million copies, but it was also on the PS2 with an insane user base. The PS3 doesn't quite have that, so while I have no doubt the game will be THE hit on the PS3, I wouldn't expect it to sell as quickly as Halo 3. Now, despite being a 360 owner myself, that is something I will never understand - I have no doubt MGS will be a superior game to Halo, but I would be surprised if MGS4 sold even half as quick as Halo 3.

And isn't about time we just finally created The Official Console War thread and got it over with? How many "which console should I buy" threads do we really need?