Evanescence

Mr. X

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amy Lee's voice is fantastic. I mean, she doesn't do the wobbly vibrato thing that Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Leona Lewis and others are famous for, but she doesn't need to. Her style is simple, making it stand out in today's world of singers who attempt to sound unorthodox but fail. Of course, that isn't to say that her style doesn't take a lot of talent to perfect - it requires immense talent, and Amy has that.

Evanescence are sort of like the uber-talented artists of the music world, in my opinion. They've got a lot of haters right now, but when they eventually die away, I'd bet any money that they'll slowly gain a new following, and gradually become one of the biggest things music has ever seen. You wait.

Oh, and Evanescence don't produce 'emo', wrist-slitting music. Their music tends to help people get through hard times; it doesn't create depression.

Yeah, T-bo knobbed off for ages, and one day I remembered him, and thought he was dead (I remember when I talked to his Dad about his eventual death, hows Daddy Negro doing anyways?) and then realised he'd been on msn the whole time. So I told him to come back. And he did.

And he owes me for liking good music.

Evanescence annoy me. The first song I ever heard from them was Bring Me To Life and I thought it was awesome, so I bought the album, and it is one of those albums where every song is pretty good, but if you listen to it from start to finish is terrible. Amy Lee, for such a talented singer sounds almost the same in every single song she sings, which then makes every Evanescence song sound the same.

The artist sounding the same in every song isn't the problem, it's the artist's emotion in their voice never changing. Amy Lee has a hard time with many of her songs when it comes to varying the emotion in it from any of her others, leaving the band up to the job of making sure the emotion comes across in the song if she can't get it out there which, quite often, she doesn't.

Her voice, her tone... they never really change. This wouldn't be a problem if she wasn't writing such emotionally-charged songs seemingly without putting any emotion behind singing them, or at least even minimal emotion. It's a little unfortunate, but true: listen to any Evanescence song, usually the intense parts are where the band takes over, Amy just leads things along rather boringly at times.

It all falls down to opinion of course, but one thing I could likely say is an eventual fact is that they won't be looked back on as one of the best, if not the best, bands of our era by the masses at ALL. There have been so many larger names in the genre than Evanescence, and the only thing that makes them stand out is that they're one of the first major rock bands lead by a female in our time. She's average, the band's average, and though I like them, I cannot stand them for long periods of time.

Tell me one thing, other than its singer being a female, that the band has done to help revolutionize the genre/industry, much less make themselves stand out overtop all the other bands? You can't find much, honestly, that makes them any different from so many other bands on their level. The only difference is that they have a large fanbase, but so do so many other bands currently out there, and who were out there when they first got big.

I was going to say other than you being a Chelsea fan, but then you put Boosh in your avatar. So... I can't dislike someone who likes the Boosh.

Other than the random irrational hatred I have for everyone, which is also paralleled by my irrational love for everyone. It's very bizarre but it's there.

I was going to say other than you being a Chelsea fan, but then you put Boosh in your avatar. So... I can't dislike someone who likes the Boosh.

Other than the random irrational hatred I have for everyone, which is also paralleled by my irrational love for everyone. It's very bizarre but it's there.

you hated me for ages too.

and I continue to have a massive mancrush on Daddy Negro. <3

I'd love to say I've never written a diary, and I'd love to say I've written a really successful diary that lasts ages and everyone reads.

It's like, I love playing EWR and all that, and even tho I've not watched it in an aaaaage, I'd still call myself a wrestling fan, as I still have an interest in it, but jesus, people here let it takeover their lives and never leave the house. And the whole "But i'm fat and have acne" argument works nowt on me, I'm fat and have acne, and I'm fucking awesome. >_>

There is no excuse for not doing stuff. When people say "its me, and 'name i dont know', 'another', 'another', 'and another name i dont know'" i think, well I know one of them, grab my jacket and go.

By the end of the night i know 4 new people :D

Fuck it i just go and see what happens, if it's shit I don't go again (well maybe once or twice and see if it improves) but 90% of the time I enjoy it - as I appear to enjoy myself - and it's all good.

I'm not exactly a model person though, I watch anime, enjoy writing fiction, play darts, tennis and pool and have a horrible sense of humour. Eg. in year 8 some lad popped the tyres on my bike, just a few months ago his mam and dad died in a car crash and i believe my first comment was "karma's a bitch".

But yeah, I fucking love myself so it's all good :D

EDIT: And yeah i've wrote tons of dairies, not one of them have been successful (although my last one was looking it until i went AWOL), I have nothing against people who want to write a diary based on a wrestling simulator as some of them are very good. But also some, and not all, of the authors are fucking pathetic humans - but good writers.

Edited by IAceI