Nickelback

SeanDMan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus, Limp Bizkit are just better than Park. :shifty:

I mean, Linkin Park need two different guys to do the rapping and signing, whilst Durst does both. :shifty:

Yeah some of the heavier Bizkit stuff is a bit embarrasing (as I listen to Durst say "hey ladiesssssss" on 'Show Me What You Got'), but when they're on form with the likes of Re-Arragned & Hold On (with the awesome Scott Weiland lending his voice to it), and then they can pull of some rap songs that a rap fan would like, such as N 2 Gether (feat. Method Man) & Getcha Groove On (feat. X-Zibit)

Show Me What You Got? Heavy?! Bollocks. That's in the Nookie/Rollin' Party Division O' Death.

Have to say i hate the Nickelback band member who put Nickleback and AC/DC in the same sentence. AC/DC has range. Nickelback suck although i do like Rockstar.

I'd argue that AC/DC is guilty of the same crime. But I wouldn't put Nickelback and AC/DC in the same sentence because AC/DC never made songs that were the complete and utter opposite of one another as far as theme goes. You can't go from a song about fucking roughly and not caring to a song about needing a woman to "save them". AC/DC's subjects were just as simple but they were never anywhere near being the opposite. They were overtly sexual and made no apologies about it. Even their tender songs were about wanting women. Not to mention, the riffs rocked the balls.

Best selling album in history? I had no idea AC/DC recorded "Thriller", cheers for that.

Also, it's laughable to try and defend their "diversity", the only band to have found a formula and stuck to it more than AC/DC are Status Quo.

Ah my apologies..its biggest album by an Aussie band. Back in Black in the 2nd biggest

Skummy if you read my post you would know that i said the reason why they are popular is because they just play pure unaltered rock n roll like they have always

Skummy if you read my post you would know that i said the reason why they are popular is because they just play pure unaltered rock n roll like they have always

... but the argument is in regards to whether they have range or not, isn't it?

Edited by GoGo Yubari

Range can be interpeted in different ways though..range as in musical or range as int arget audience? AC/DC still bring in a lot of new fans and have kept pretty much all there fanbase to begin with.

But yeah musically AC/DC are same-ish

He clearly didn't mean target audience, though, did he? The band have no control over who does and doesn't listen to them, but they do have control over their musical range. AC/DC have been playing pretty much the same five songs for decades, and I personally think it makes them pretty much redundant; once you've heard Back In Black, TNT and Highway To Hell, why bother any more?

I don't think its necessarily the case that changing your sound or moving away from "the formula" would damage your fanbase or your success at all; Radiohead went from strength to strength and I'm sure they're far more popular, and far more successful, now than as just another face in the Britpop crowd singing "Oh no, Pop is dead, long live pop" with Thom Yorke's lovely bleach-blonde hair. Yes, the music industry's fickle, but assuming that people won't buy in to you just because your new album doesn't sound like the last one is insulting the intelligence of the music-buying public, quite frankly.

On the flipside, yes, sticking to the formula could make you successful; case in point Nickelback, they're samey and repetitive, but they still sell records. Good for them. Doesn't mean that they're any good or that I should listen to them, though. While they're obviously doing something "right", record sales don't necessarily correlate with talent.

I don't think its necessarily the case that changing your sound or moving away from "the formula" would damage your fanbase or your success at all; Radiohead went from strength to strength and I'm sure they're far more popular, and far more successful, now than as just another face in the Britpop crowd singing "Oh no, Pop is dead, long live pop" with Thom Yorke's lovely bleach-blonde hair.
Edited by Clawson