Nickelback

SeanDMan

I definately wouldn't call them may favourite band, not anymore since 2002 anyway, as I've moved onto other stuff, but I'd say that they're sometime unfairly mocked.

I agree that their three main hits How You Remind Me, Someday and Photograph are similar, and by release date, just like the albums, those songs get worse. It gets to the point that when I listen to the album with Photograph on it, I have to skip the song.

I have the last three albums, the first being Silver Side Up, which is good, then The Long Road, which is worse, then All the Right Reasons, which is worse again.

How You Remind Me is still a good song, but was perhaps overplayed back then, and as I've said before, it seems like the managers said 'the next song you're release is gonna be like How You Remind Me because that was a hit, and so will this', but it isn't as good. But they're albums although, I think have a better sound which is less radio friendly, which also happens to be better songs IMO, like Hollywood & Hangnail on Silver Side Up.

Yeah, Hero is good too, though I've never been keen on Scott's part, mainly because it's only two lines long and doesnt really add much to the song if Chad wasn't singing it. Then in 2002 or whenever it was released I learned it was the guy from Saliva, at the time they started doing WWE stuff so it was "oh, its the guy from Saliva." But now, several years later, for me, it's "THAT FUCKING GUY FROM SALIVA ARRRGHHH!".

And to the guy who posted the pic, yeah, Kroeger looks like a depressed puppy in that picture, but if you lay out the last three albums next to each other, by the last one he's lost the hair and looks respectable.

Hinder though... 3 listens of Lips Of An Angel and it was shit, and I only downloaded Get Stoned because the chorus is catchy, but then it lost its novelty again. I also gave them a second chance upon seeing they went on tour with Black Stone Cherry... but I realised BSC were SUPPORTING them. How dare they, and how dare BSC support such shit.

As I've said before, Nickelback + Aerosmith + car crash = Hinder

Edited by TheModernWay

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine trying to listen to them in full length, but I don't mind a song or two here and there. They're more sentimental than cerebral but hey, there's a place for that too. After all, I have some odd affinity for the movie "Loser" every now and then. :shifty:

They honestly used to be a pretty decent grunge-style group. Then they found a formula and have stuck with it, but have managed to get progressively more and more annoying with every somewhat-new single. Plus, considering every Nickelback fan I've met in person has annoyed me to no end without me knowing their musical taste plays a significant role in my dislike.

I LIKE YOUR PANTS AROUND YOUR FEET...I LIKE THE DIRT THAT'S ON YOUR KNEES!!!

...................I have a soft spot for those lyrics. They're fucking classics.

Nickelback are boring as shit. They're vastly superior to Puddle Of Mudd though....MUDD!!! FUCKING MUDD!!! And that's the least of their problems.

Edited by YI

I LIKE YOUR PANTS AROUND YOUR FEET...I LIKE THE DIRT THAT'S ON YOUR KNEES!!!

...................I have a soft spot for those lyrics. They're fucking classics.

Nickelback are boring as shit. They're vastly superior to Puddle Of Mudd though....MUDD!!! FUCKING MUDD!!! And that's the least of their problems.

One of the rock stations here in Philly has an obsession with playing Puddle of Mudd tunes. Nobody understands why, as nobody enjoys them.

I've been surrounded by morons who like Nickleback for years. First, it was my brother, back in the day of "Never Again", which is a good song but gets irritating when you hear it two hundred times a day. Then, it was my brother again who'd spent time with Linkin Park but gone back to Nickleback and again made me want to stick needles into my ears. During both of those eras, they were getting airtime on the radio and were also the band of choice for my brother's retarded monkey friends, so I couldn't escape. Then, it was last year's flatmates, who seem to legitimately think that good music is the way the Devil gets inside you and insist on singing along to every song. How You Remind Me was bad enough with that cunt of a singer singing, but when it's done by a couple of intrinsically-irritating girls who behave as though they're twelve until they go looking for sex I upgrade needles to pitchforks and ears to every orifice in my body. And now, it's my current flatmates, which makes me sad because they're cool except for that shit.

In summary, fuck Nickleback, fuck Evanescence and fuck tiarnantman.

I will say that Mike Shinoda pretty much has just one flow and structure to his stuff that he always seemed to adhere to religiously, to the point that every Linkin Park song that I heard with him in it (and moreover, that X-Ecutioners song that was semi-famous a few years back) blurred together. But "over-the-top" is most certainly not a thing I would use to describe him.

Chester Bennington? Now THAT guy's rather over-the-top.

Do you guys get pissed off when you open a bottle/can of Coke for tasting the same way as it has for the last X years? The music business is so flighty that if you find a formula that works, ie. it makes your bank account grow, you'd be an idiot to change it up until you have to. More people have killed off their careers by changing up their sound too soon, as opposed to waiting too long to make that change, and Nickelback is not going to be one of those "20 years in the spotlight" bands anyway so they might as well make every song sound the same because enough people like it to maintain the cash flow for now.

Same thing applies to Shinoda's rapping. It's not like he's going to become the next Pac, so he might as well "mail it in" and give everyone a Mike Shinoda rap instead of experimenting and fucking things up for himself. It sucks that the music industry is so fickle, but my ipod is littered with stuff from artists who only had the chance to get an album or two out (if that many) before they split up or got dropped from their label, so whoever gets beyond 3 or 4 is clearly doing something right even if I can't stand it personally. If it wasn't for sameness there wouldn't be a country genre since everything there sounds like its done by the same 2 guys and 2 women.

I'm not saying shame on him for making music that's successful. It's working for him, so whatever, if there are people out there buying it than it's not like he's making some horrible mistake.

However, that doesn't magically NOT make it something I find to be bland, boring, and just bad music in general. I've a right to my opinion that Mike Shinoda's work is repetitive and dull just as much as someone who likes him has the right to think that he's making good music.

I really liked Nickelback when they came out onto the scene, but slowly have lost interest in them every since. I can't ever remember hearing a song from them that I didn't like, however since "How You Remind Me", I can't remember of one that I thought was worth remembering. There are defiently(sp) worse bands out there.

I'm not saying shame on him for making music that's successful. It's working for him, so whatever, if there are people out there buying it than it's not like he's making some horrible mistake.

However, that doesn't magically NOT make it something I find to be bland, boring, and just bad music in general. I've a right to my opinion that Mike Shinoda's work is repetitive and dull just as much as someone who likes him has the right to think that he's making good music.

Plus, Limp Bizkit are just better than Park. :shifty:

I mean, Linkin Park need two different guys to do the rapping and signing, whilst Durst does both. :shifty:

Yeah some of the heavier Bizkit stuff is a bit embarrasing (as I listen to Durst say "hey ladiesssssss" on 'Show Me What You Got'), but when they're on form with the likes of Re-Arragned & Hold On (with the awesome Scott Weiland lending his voice to it), and then they can pull of some rap songs that a rap fan would like, such as N 2 Gether (feat. Method Man) & Getcha Groove On (feat. X-Zibit)

Edited by TheModernWay