New Music Websites?

LittleNelson90x13

Is this more CD-based or song-based?

Anyways, I'll go with the most known of them to start, Pitchfork. Easily the most divisive indie site on the net, they are very good at introducing to a lot of new artists tht maybe haven't been heard by many ears.

Next is another fave of mine, A.V. Club's Music Section. Good site that covers oftentimes both extremes in music, as you'll see say the Lupe Fiasco review next to the Panda Bear review. There's also usually sound samples on the review pages to judge if you'd like the music.

And Kingblind is more bloggy in its style. It usually posts free and legal music and also tends to have more of a lean to mainstream in the same gasp as indie music (Queens of the Stone Age is on their top 20 albums list).

I use FMQB, it's the website that tells you what songs radio stations can play and when they can start playing them. I just learned that Tantric is coming back, Alter Bridge has decided on their next single, and 32 Leaves just remade and re-released the single "All Is Numb".

So yeah, definitely a good site for radio singles.

Lambgoat is good for reviews of new metal releases, and general news on some of metal's biggest names, and metal's most unknown. If you like metal, then this is your site. Their reviewers are pretty accurate and know their shit, and the forum is pretty random. I also like the interviews. I recommend any of the Greg Puciato of the Dillinger Escape Plan interviews. Anyways...

The PRP is a site I visit quite frequently for general rock music news, and they post 2 reviews every week or so of some new(ish) releases. They also have a "Upcoming Releases" section for new albums. I've learned about many bands that I love at the moment coming out with new albums I didn't know about because I don't pay attention.

And, as mentioned, Pitchfork. Though, they tend to shit on anything remotely popular that isn't marketed towards the indie/hipster crowd. Oh, and apparently Sufjan Stevens can do no wrong. Which I agree with (except that awful Seven Swans album).

Edited by Tristof