Official Newcastle United Thread

Gazz

That'd mean reversing a 12 point deficit and a godawful goal difference, no chance, it'd be an achievement to get top half this season.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what do you think are the best Newcastle related rumours so far this transfer window?

Some guy has suggested to Sky Sports the following

From a very reliable source - Kevin Keegans Newcastle analysis is as follows: The Toon desperately needs one or possibly 2 solid centre halfs, with Van Buyten and Woodgate preferred. Richard Dunne has also been mentioned. Keegan would like Emre to stay, but it remains to be seen if the Turk will choose too. Regardless, Keegan will make a bid for either Deco or Diego as Newcastles stand out buy of the window. Keegan still thinks Newcastle need more striking fire power, as well as another right winger. David Bentley has been ear marked, as has Benni Marcarthy. In the summer, there will be major personnel changes, with Carr, Cacapa, possibly Rozenhal, Barton, Smith, Duff, Ameobi, Viduka and numerous fringe players being shown the door. Keegan aims to completely rebuild Newcastle in the summer with Mike Ahsleys promised 90million budget. Basically, Keegan is bringing in 3-4 quality players in January, with a major overhaul in the Summer, and the only current players he would like to see stay are Given, Taylor, Emre, N'Zogbia, Milner and Owen. Keegan has yet to make any decision regarding the African players, though it seems he would likely jump at the chance to off load Martins for reported 13million. My source informs me he does seem very keen on retaining Habib Beye
Edited by The General

I can think of worse players we've bought in recent years.

Not on the wages he'd want. Plus its a complete no-go anyway as he wants to prove himself in America.

And I can't imagine Posh enjoying the Tyneside lifestyle very much.

Edited by IWGP

Dennis Wise is confirmed to join us tomorrow. He's been thrown about as a director of football, but I'd prefer him to become Assistant Manager and being groomed for the top job in the long run (ie. July :shifty: ). He's done well with both Swindon and Leeds so he's obviously got the knack for management.

I doubt Director of Football VERY much. Putting him over Keagan, a man with more experience than him? No way. As an assistant? possibly.

Question is: who do Leeds get now? Should be interesting.

Guest Ringmaster

Dennis Wise is confirmed to join us tomorrow. He's been thrown about as a director of football, but I'd prefer him to become Assistant Manager and being groomed for the top job in the long run (ie. July :shifty: ). He's done well with both Swindon and Leeds so he's obviously got the knack for management.

He will "help sign players and do work at the academy" it sounds.

I don't think anyone, including himself, Keegan or Mort know exactly what he's doing so... yeah. I'm surprised the BBC.co.uk headline doesn't read "Wise will do football things and stuff"..

Since when can someone like Dennis Wise be considered to have a knack for management? Getting relegated with a team that really had no business getting relegated and doing well with a team whose players are a lot better than the rest of the league does not a good manager make.

He didn't have to resort to 'cheat' Romanians though :P

And Leeds were as good as down when he took over, especially with the 10pt penalty looming.

Guest Ringmaster

Since when can someone like Dennis Wise be considered to have a knack for management? Getting relegated with a team that really had no business getting relegated and doing well with a team whose players are a lot better than the rest of the league does not a good manager make.

How Keagan is okay with that, I don't know. Obviously there are worse people to be above him, but surely someone MORE qualified than Dennis Wise?

I see the idea they were going for and, to be honest, they should have swapped places if they're going to do that kind of system. But, hey. Ashley's club and all.

Edited by 'Wildcat' BSIG

I can see Ashley having a massive shit. He looks the sort. You know, the one's who brew it up for a forthnight and are in there for the best part of 2 hours. Leaving rings around the bowl, and causing the toilet duck to malfunction.

Edited by YI