YI And His Special Music Corner

YI

How awesome is Blackhawks Over Los Angeles? When it first came out I fucking bummed it, but I haven't listened to it in a while...and damn...I forgot how awesome it was.

THERE'S A SHADOW IN THE GARDEN WHERE MY LOVE AND I AWAIT...SILENT AS THE DAY WE LEFT IT ALL BEHIND...MY LITTLE...DIVER, WILL RISE AGAIN...DIVER, WILL LIVE AGAIN...DIVER, IN THE CITIES WE WALK THE STREET WILL OPEN FOR US!

Edited by YI

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O rly?

It supposedly leaked, but the folks at Leakage Channel are crying false. A lot of people are saying that the first two songs SOUND like Death Cab, but the rest of the album doesn't and it's missing tracks that were previously confirmed for Narrow Stairs.

Pfft...you guys should know better than to trust leaks on April 1st...I knew this was going to happen when it hadn't leaked yet.

The leak I'm talking about happened on early March 31st. >_>

didn't think waffles ever had fake albums, but if ya'll say so.

Whatever's been doing the internet rounds since last night has been a fake. Not sure if that's what you know of, but the one that's basically EVERYWHERE is fake and is some april fools or whatever.

I haven't heard it myself...but the fact it doesn't have "Cath" on in any way shape or form...and the bloke apparently sounds nothing like Ben Gibbard...kind of gives it away.

Edited by YI

WHOOOO!! I AM FUCK!!

Mint night. Oppenheimer pulled out...bad tiems. Support was then some guy called "Short Term Effect", acoustic based, not really folky like Frank Turner, good stuff though, if a little 'nervous'. I think he's local as well, so he gets bigger props.

There was some bird, who was alright.

Frank Turner...WOW! WOW! Did a mix of 'old stuff' from "Sleep is For The Week", a bunch of covers and a load of new shit. His new album is apparently out, something to do with "Ire" or whtever, I can't remember, I would google, but my internet's being a bitch. Had no fucking idea he had new shit out. I was gonna pick a CD up before leaving, but I was kind of dragged out by my mate.

I'd been drinking since like 3 in the after noon...just got in...epic back. :wub:;

Edited by YI

Okays, I'm in a lazy mood...so these are short. Well I haven't been to sleep yet, so it's understandable. :shifty:

10 SONGS FOR THE WEEK!!!!

1. "Finding A Light" by Aereogramme

NEW ENTRY

2. "I Will Possess Your Heart" by Death Cab For Cutie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QvVc0kPnYQ

DOWN 1 (3rd Week)

3. "Get Up" by Goldfinger

http://www.myspace.com/goldfinger (on the player)

UP 1 (3rd Week)

4. "The Beginning Of The Twist" by The Futureheads

NEW ENTRY

5. "Don't You Wanna Be Relevant" by The Cribs

UP 1 (2nd Week)

6. "A Multiple Party Perspective" by Rain Over Battle

(LIVE)

UP 3 (4th Week)

7. "After Sunset" by Styrofoam

http://www.delta-9online.com/Styrofoam/77077.mp3 (Free Download)

DOWN 2 (4th Week)

8. "One Reason" by Pennywise

http://www.myspace.com/pennywise (On the player...you can download the entire album for free)

NO CHANGE (2nd Week)

9. "1995" by H20

http://www.myspace.com/h2ofamily (on the player)

NEW ENTRY

...not to be confused with...

10. "What's It Gonna Be" by H Two O (ft. Platnum)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj24kn2c-DQ (She's well fit for a tree swinger)

DOWN 3 (4th Week)

10 ALBUMS FOR THE WEEK!!!!

1. "Reason To Believe" by Pennywise - 2008 - Punk-Rock - UP 1/2nd WEEK

What a return to form...what a return to form. After 2 terrible albums and one mediocre one (I quite like "Land Of The Free?", 00's Pennywise have really become less and less relevant as newer, fresher and seemingly more motivated bands have emerged. It's hard to believe, that signing to Myspace Records (Which got them a lot of flack) has seemingly helped give them the boost of energy they need to produce a shithot album. Even better, you can legally get it for free. Amazing stuff.

2. "Sink Or Swim" by The Gaslight Anthem - 2007 - Punk-Rock - UP 1/5th WEEK (6th Overall)

Now endorsed by IAceI's dad.

3. "Broken With No Hope" by Mike Hale - 2008 - Acoustic/Singer-Songwriter - DOWN 2/9th WEEK

Fucking awesome.

4. "Somewhere In The Between" by Streetlight Manifesto - 2007 - Ska-Punk - NEW ENTRY

When this first came out I was all over it. Fucking amazing release. I honestly haven't probably given it a whirl for the past 2/3 months...I put it on a few days back and it blew my mind all over again. :wub:

5. "Enema Of The State" by Blink 182 - 1999 - Pop-Punk - NEW ENTRY

Choosing between songs on this album is like choosing between your own children.

6. "Adventure Boy" by Scott Reynolds and The Steaming Beast - 2008 - Alt-Rock - DOWN 2/3rd WEEK

Some very sexy stuff.

7. "Made Of Bricks" by Kate Nash - 2007 - Pop - NEW ENTRY

Sexy in a different way. **Insert joke about my steaming beast**

8. "Saturdays = Youth" by M83 - 2008 - Electro-Pop - DOWN 2/2nd WEEK

"We Own The Sky" = :wub:

9. "My Heart Has A Wish That You Would Not Go" by Aereogramme - 2007 - Indie/Prog-Rock - NEW ENTRY

So many beautiful songs, 'lighter' compared to a lot of their stuff, but I always preferred their lighter material. With both these and The Cooper Temple Clause breaking up last year, the UK have lost 2 of their best (if not the 2 best) 'progressive', yet 'pop' sounding bands. :(

10. "Settle The Score (EP)" by Fight-Fair - 2008 - Power-Pop/Melodic Hardcore - NEW ENTRY

COME ON!!!

Yes, yes it is. I really can't believe people are having such a hard time finding it. A quick google search brings up a canny few of them. It's hands down my favourite record of this year so far.

You should really check out saveus-dl.com, you might find something there. :shifty:

So, "We Brave Bee Stings And All" by Thao & The Get Down Stay Down is some fantastically twee indie-folk, and I'm damn thankful of having bought it. Haven't a clue who they are or anything, but it's lovely - I only bought the album because it had a track called "Bag Of Hammers".

So, "We Brave Bee Stings And All" by Thao & The Get Down Stay Down is some fantastically twee indie-folk, and I'm damn thankful of having bought it. Haven't a clue who they are or anything, but it's lovely - I only bought the album because it had a track called "Bag Of Hammers".

Yay! I hyped that record a decent bit a couple of months back when it originally leaked and I need to listen to it again, as it's a fine record.

Pennywise are rather cool.

And the best thing is, if you are "friends" with textango on myspace, you can get their entire album for free.

Edited by regia

ALL WE NEED IS A REASON!! (ALL WE NEED IS A REASON!!)

ALL WE NEED IS RIGHT HERE INSIDE US ALL!!

New Story Of The Year has leaked. The first 3 tunes are awesome, "The Antidote" especially. Very hit and miss, much like their last album (The first was just shite outside of like 3/4 tunes), but there's some cool stuff.

'New' Alkaline Trio track from the forthcoming album (apparently called "Agony & Irony"), due out July 1st...the track's "In Vein", it's Dan on vocals, and a few live versions have been doing the rounds since last years Warped Tour.

"In Vein" by Alkaline Trio

I must say....eugh. The live versions sounded so much better, and frantic...this just should dull. :(