YI And His Special Music Corner

YI

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the Be My Baby cover is awesome. But I officially give up, Brain Thrust Mastery is shite.

"Chick Lit" is basically the only song I reguarly give a whirl, I'm a little underwhelmed by it. But I still think; "Chick Lit", "Ghouls", "Tonight", "Lethal Enforcer", "After Hours" and "Dinosaurs" are great tracks.

Also...what the fuck is up with that "American Boy" song? It's basically just every single Jamiroquai song ever written rolled into one 4-minute piece of dull arse boring shit, with Kanye West doing a pretty awful verse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEMWDj4osxM

WHAT THE FUCK!?!!

Edited by YI

Despite them being in my signature, I too have to agree with people saying Brain Thrust Mastery isn't great. With Love and Squalor is one of my favourite albums and they've totally changed from that. It's such a disappointment.

The Last Shadow Puppets - am I missing something, or are they just wank? I cringed when I read they would be influenced by Scott Walker, but apparently "influenced by" means "ripped off wholesale", even the usually wonderful Owen Pallett is dreadfully uninspired.

They're very meh. I didn't make it through the album on first listen and haven't gotten back to it yet.

I quite liked the single, but, the album seems really 'similar'.

Edited by YI

Just got hold of the "Agony & Irony EP" by Alkaline Trio...basically it's a taster for the album. It has "Help Me" on, which is a catchy track. "In Vein", which sounds better when not on youtube/myspace player, but is still missing some 'oooomph' of the live versions. And a track called "Into The Night", which is fucking great. It's such stereotypical Alkaline Trio (Riff/vocal line/catchiness). It's quick, kind of a cross between From Here To Infirmary/Good Mourning material, with Crimson production. It's got me a lot more excited for the album...but then again, it's only 10-tracks...so I've heard 3 of them already. :(

10 SONGS FOR THE WEEK!!!

1. "The Baltic Sea" by The Social Services

http://www.myspace.com/thesocialservices (on the player)

NO CHANGE (2nd Week)

2. "Long Division" by Death Cab For Cutie

(LIVE)

NEW ENTRY

3. "MARYN" by RickoLus

http://www.iamrickolus.com/mp3s/MARYN.mp3

NEW ENTRY

4. "Into The Night" by Alkaline Trio

NEW ENTRY

5. "Riot Radio" by The Dead 60's

NEW ENTRY (The new album isn't a patch on this stuff...."THE RETURN...OF THE GHOSTFACED KILLLLLLERRRRRRR!!!")

6. "I Will Possess Your Heart" by Death Cab For Cutie

(Official Video)

DOWN 1 (6th Week)

7. "No Sunlight" by Death Cab For Cutie

(LIVE)

NEW ENTRY

8. "Bright Red Helmet" by Styrofoam

http://www.myspace.com/styrofoam (on the player)

DOWN 4 (3rd Week)

9. "Help Me" by Alkaline Trio

http://www.myspace.com/alkalinetrio (on the player)

DOWN 6 (3rd Week)

10. "Talking Bird/Grapevine Fires" by Death Cab For Cutie

(LIVE)

DOWN 8/NEW ENTRY

10 ALBUMS FOR THE WEEK!!!

1. "Tip Of The Iceberg (EP)" by New Found Glory - 2008 - Punk-Rock - NEW ENTRY

Now trust your body and your soul. It's in me to want it all. But I just can't get you to love me anymore.

2. "Sink Or Swim" by The Gaslight Anthem - 2007- Punk-Rock - NO CHANGE/8th Week

It's alright man, I'm only bleeding man, stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.

3. "A Thousand Words" by Styrofoam - 2008- Electro-Pop - DOWN 2/3rd Week

Oh my dear, I'd like to know, how the finer points of our love look beneath your microscope.

4. "Box Of Secrets" by Blood Red Shoes - 2008 - Indie-Grunge/Punk/Fit - NEW ENTRY

Oh, no-no-no-no...can't escape anything in this town, knock yourself out.

5. "Broken With No Hope" by Mike Hale - 2008 - Acoustic/Singer-Songwriter - DOWN 2/12th Week

Follow me love, I'm so sorry but, it's just too little too late. First time you lied was sealing fate. If it's all over, time for a new life, I'll give my best shot today, this is our last dance...don't be late.

6. "Winters Daughter" by RickoLus - 2008 - Melodramatic Popular Song...I've seen it on myspace, I've always wanted a fitting time to use it...this fits - NEW ENTRY

DOWNLOAD FOR FREE - http://www.iamrickolus.com/#

7. "Angels" by Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip - 2008 - Trip-Hop/Rap - NEW ENTRY

I know I haven’t been around much lately, but it didn’t seem like you wanted me to be. The last time I sent down a message you nailed it to the cross, so I figured, I’d just leave you to it, let you be your own boss.

8. "Float" by Peter Broderick - 2008 - Ambient/Modern-Classical/Experimental - NEW ENTRY

9. "Volume 1" by In The Red - 2008 - Punk-Rock - NEW ENTRY

I can't find lyrics...and Mike Hale's got a voice which is nigh on impossible to understand at times on his acoustic stuff, how's it going to be when he's doing his best Leatherface/Jawbreaker/Hot Water Music impression. Fucking great album though, even though it's only 8-tracks.

10. "Alas, I Cannot Swim" by Laura Marling - 2008 - Folk-Acoustic/Pop/Not-Fit - DOWN 3/3rd Week

The Gods that he believes never fail to amaze me. He believes in the love of his God of all things, but I find him wrapped up in all manner of sins. The drugs that deceive him and the girls that believe him. I can’t control you, I don’t know you well, these are the reasons I think that you’re ill.

7. "Angels" by Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip - 2008 - Trip-Hop/Rap - NEW ENTRY

I know I haven’t been around much lately, but it didn’t seem like you wanted me to be. The last time I sent down a message you nailed it to the cross, so I figured, I’d just leave you to it, let you be your own boss.

WHAT THE FUCK?

It leaked I assume.

Edited by metalman