YI And His Special Music Corner

YI

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anybody else watch palladia? That channel's awesome, it's on 816 on digital cable for me and used to be called MHD (Music in HD). I've seen dave matthews band, eric clapton, tom petty, black crowes, wyclef jean, zz top, heart, radiohead, the who and tons more on there. They've got days dedicated to country and rap too, so there's a pretty good variety. Idk if anyone else watches it, but it's definitely my new favorite channel.

New Fall Out Boy is horrible. Where the fuck did they go wrong? Evening Out and Grave were awesome (particularly the latter), Cork Tree doesn't have a bad song on it really, but it seems they've let the fame and recognition go to their heads, because the majority of Infinity sucked balls, and this is totally going in the wrong direction.

Saw the Gaslight Anthem video on Q this afternoon, during my channel hopping. My brother said it was a good tune.

Also, the new Pussycat Dolls tune. The video would well be worth a wank to, but the fact it's impossible as you have some form of epileptic fit. Yeah, shit tune too.

Erm...what else. Miley Cyrus...I quite like. :shifty:

Also, who the fuck are The Saturday's or whatever...who are just literally a carbon coppy of Girls Aloud, only their song is the absolutely DRIZZLING SHITS!

I presume most of you TGA fans, or at least a good few know about "This Charming Man" which was Brian Fallon's (and others I believe) before The Gaslight Anthem, which was basically the early seeds of the Gaslight sound with a bit of a Brand New/Alkaline Trio thrown in.

But there's something else that's just kind of 'appeared' today (or was brought to attention), "Brian Fallon & CRT", which people aren't sure is old or new, or what. I'd 95% guess that it's old, the photos on the purevolume page make him look a lot younger than he is now, but the vocals, he sounds a lot more like he does now than he does on say the "This Charming Man" EP.

Still, 3 cool tunes;

http://www.purevolume.com/brianfalloncrt

Also, are Johnny Foreigner worth the hype? I've hated them, despite never listening to them, cos all the trendwhores bum them. It's just they're headlining some show with "Pulled Apart By Horses" up here, who are epic. There's also a band on the bill called "DANANANANAYKROYD"...which is a fucking amazing name hahaha....and are actually a fucking epic band who sound near identical to Los Campesinos! Only appear to have 1/3 of the amount of fanny...but she's a good'un.

Edited by YI

I can't stand Dananananackroyd or however many danananas it is, which is a shame as it's an absolutely brilliant name. A lot of indie muso types and indie publications seem to have a bit of a thing for them, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them get a little bigger by the end of the year.

Saw the Gaslight Anthem video on Q this afternoon, during my channel hopping. My brother said it was a good tune.

Also, the new Pussycat Dolls tune. The video would well be worth a wank to, but the fact it's impossible as you have some form of epileptic fit. Yeah, shit tune too.

Erm...what else. Miley Cyrus...I quite like. :shifty:

Also, who the fuck are The Saturday's or whatever...who are just literally a carbon coppy of Girls Aloud, only their song is the absolutely DRIZZLING SHITS!

It's the girls from S Club juniors, with some other chick.

They're now legal, and hot.

So I don't mind the video ;)

Yeah, they've already pumped their tickets up to £12 face value, whereas the one I bought for the August Manchester show (but unfortunately couldn't get to) was £6.

Word has it, Astoria 2's a fairly wank venue, I've bever been to a gig there, only the main venue. There's apparently a step in the middle of the floor. But Gaslight aren't much of a 'pit' band, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

And I love London. I've been to see The New Amsterdams, Ignite, The Weakerthans, Mars Volta and Death Cab For Cutie in London this year, as well as Give It A Name Festival, and have fallen in love with some of the venues, and been to some of the best gigs of my life there. So, good times. Mars Volta were wank though. But it was an epic pilled up night.

I've got a bit of a problem. I've already called off going to see Paint It Black this month, as my brother's moved home from London, so I'll have to pay for a travelodge or something, and as of now, I can't afford to do that for Paint It Black. Also Paint It Black clashes with my freshers week/on the day I have to register at uni, so fuck it, it's another reason to bail on it. But I've got Strung Out in Kingston as well as Gaslight coming up, both of which are shows I don't wanna miss.

Yes...I want to catch 2 SO shows.

Astoria 2, as in the Mean Fiddler (or the Venue Formally Known As, if its changed its name). Yeah, its not a bad venue, but there is a huge step up onto a square dancefloor type area in the middle, which when people are spread out to watch a band, is bloody dangerous. As you said though, shouldn't be so much moshing about, so you should be ok.