YI And His Special Music Corner

YI

I just had heard he was married and assumed straight. A little presumptious on my part.

But yeah, Skeletal Lamping is one of the best releases of the year. One of my favorite lyrics "I'm a just a black shemale and I don't know what you people are all about." Or "turning tricks on the head of Jasmine car." Or "I want you to be my pleasure puss/I wanna know what it's like to be inside you."

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget "I'm so sick of sucking the dick of this cruel, cruel city."

It seems like they get more and more outwardly sexual with each album.

Either way Skeletal Lamping is a phenomenal album and has been getting a lot of listens since it came out. On the topic of Of Montreal has anybody seen The Past Is A Grotesque Animal done acoustic? It really points out how completely depressing the song is.

"I'm so sick of sucking the dick of this cruel, cruel city."

That's great, especially because that song is such a blatant Prince homage and I love it. I can see myself falling in love with this album, once I've had chance to immerse myself in it - it's absolutely brilliant, without a doubt, but I haven't had chance to find any tracks I absolutely adore, or any lyrics to obsess over - although "I can do it softcore it you want, but you know I do it both ways" has been stuck in my head all night.

I'd love to hear The Past Is A Grotesque Animal acoustic, it's my favourite Of Montreal track, I try and throw it into DJ sets whenever I can - it was probably the best closing song I've ever played, went down brilliantly, even though no one there had ever heard it before. That was love.

"I'm so sick of sucking the dick of this cruel, cruel city."

That's great, especially because that song is such a blatant Prince homage and I love it. I can see myself falling in love with this album, once I've had chance to immerse myself in it - it's absolutely brilliant, without a doubt, but I haven't had chance to find any tracks I absolutely adore, or any lyrics to obsess over - although "I can do it softcore it you want, but you know I do it both ways" has been stuck in my head all night.

I'd love to hear The Past Is A Grotesque Animal acoustic, it's my favourite Of Montreal track, I try and throw it into DJ sets whenever I can - it was probably the best closing song I've ever played, went down brilliantly, even though no one there had ever heard it before. That was love.

Enjoy it.

Yeah, the first time I listened to Skeletal Lamping I had to listen again because I wasn't quite sure of what I had just heard. Each song has so much going on in it that it's almost as if they feel like they should each be separate songs. Either way I can find myself growing very very fond of this album as I continue to listen to it more and more. So far I've found that Plastis Wafers, St. Exquisites Confessions, and Wicked Wisdom are prominent tracks that stick out on the album to me for one reason or another.

Either way Skeletal Lamping is a phenomenal album and has been getting a lot of listens since it came out. On the topic of Of Montreal has anybody seen The Past Is A Grotesque Animal done acoustic? It really points out how completely depressing the song is.

Honestly, the song itself pretty well is depressing either way. It's basically the penultimate "indie guy falls in love with indie girl" story and then we get to Barnes's bouts of depression, the fights, the fact that he probably seriously needed this woman and it's really heartbreaking. And I am scared at some of the parallels (I'm guilty of falling for the cute girl that knows about obscure things, maybe not of the throwing shit at the other person part so much :shifty: ), but I'm also not as crazed as Mr. Barnes...I think. >_>

Honestly, the song itself pretty well is depressing either way. It's basically the penultimate "indie guy falls in love with indie girl" story and then we get to Barnes's bouts of depression, the fights, the fact that he probably seriously needed this woman and it's really heartbreaking. And I am scared at some of the parallels (I'm guilty of falling for the cute girl that knows about obscure things, maybe not of the throwing shit at the other person part so much :shifty: ), but I'm also not as crazed as Mr. Barnes...I think. >_>

The lyrics were always depressing, but the overall sound of the song wasn't as sad as the acoustic version seems to make it. Plus that is one of the few bare-bones acoustic songs that I can sit down and listen to for 11 minutes.

So for those who have listened to Hissing Fauna and Skeletal Lamping a hefty amount of times, which one do you think you like better? I'm still torn between the two right now, but they're definitely the top two in terms of Of Montreal albums for me.

M83 are supporting Kings Of Leon. :o

EBAY!!! HERE I COME!!!

I was so close to getting tickets because of this. I just wanna see an M83 on a headline tour though

Yeah, they seem to have some massive aversion to a UK tour. But they'll do a show in Glasgow this week for NO FUCKING REASON!

buffchicksasha (3 days ago) Show Hide

0 Poor comment Good comment

Marked as spam

Reply | Spam

On Dii Levell yerh, I ent intuu Music Likee Disz, Bur ii Wosz Duin Work Experiencee n Dey Had Disz Chunee Playin All Dii Tymmm N i Fuckiin Lovee It.. Itsz Fuckin Tuu Sikk, Itsz Goiin On Mi Foneee =)

X

Just fills people with hope for the world.