The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

I'm still avoiding The Snow Storm. Got the previously mentioned Playboy/Dwayne storyline going on now.

I'm gonna kill Playboy, as much as I like him, I just feel sorry for Dwayne, and things are going bad for him in his life, he deserves a chance to sort his life. I dodged the spoilers you guys said, as not to influence my decision.. hope I make the right one.

About the Playboy/Dwayne decision...

Killing Playboy is the way to go. You gain Dwayne as a friend and Playboy's house as a safehouse. Kill Dwayne and all you get is money.

As far as where I am in the game, I was in the middle of doing a mission for Brucie, when Manny's location popped up, so I don't have to restart my game. I played for about an hour and just finished up with Elizabeta. Snow Storm was a bitch, it was the first mission I had trouble with.

Edited by abundant

Killing Playboy is the way to go. You gain Dwayne as a friend and Playboy's house as a safehouse. Kill Dwayne and all you get is money.

Also on that note:

If you get Dwayne's friendship to over 75% you can call on him for backup, and he'll send some goons out to help you during missions or whatever.

Also on that note:

If you get Dwayne's friendship to over 75% you can call on him for backup, and he'll send some goons out to help you during missions or whatever.

No achivement for that one though, unlike some of the others. <_<

I hate phonecalls coming just as I'm about to start a mission, or when I'm already on one.

I especially hate it when the phone starts ringing but gets cut off because I started a cutscene, or got in a car, or got knocked down and they don't call back :@

I hate phonecalls coming just as I'm about to start a mission, or when I'm already on one.

I especially hate it when the phone starts ringing but gets cut off because I started a cutscene, or got in a car, or got knocked down and they don't call back :@

By far the most annoying thing about the game.

They'll call back, it just takes a while.

therockbox: You need a fast car, obviously, but do it a few times and you'll see a pattern of his driving. Your best bet is to fire the SMG at his car from when the cutscene ends to when he makes the first right turn, and then just try to stay relatively close. If you stay within the ballpark, you'll close in a bit whenever he turns and that's when you fire some more shots. Eventually after like, 5 minutes, you'll hit a straightaway in the city (not a highway) and that's when I've got him both times I did the mission.

That said, it never gets old shooting somebody in the face and having them faceplant into the car horn.

Quick question: I assume if I just quit after an autosave then the next time I load it up it'll start me back off from there? I've always grabbed a taxi back to the safehouse and saved in my bed just to be on the safe side, but if I definitely won't lose any progress by using an autosave then I'll do that from now on. Probably a dumb question, but thought I'd better check before I do some rock hard mission then lose it.

One thing though is that you don't start off with full health. It's easy enough to just resave once you start the game up get your health all the way up, but it's something you might not notice until you're on your way to do another mission.

Fuck Elizabeta.

Fuck her and her fucking mission in the fucking hospital.

A fucking greed.

I've moved on to doing other peoples missions because I can't be bothered trying to attempt it again. I'll get to the escape and be completely bombarded. Even with body armor.

There's a truck right outside where some of the gangsters left behind, as long as you just run straight out and into it you'll survive (although i lost my entire body armour by the time i got in)

Just dont try and shoot all the cops, run like hell to the car

Fuck Elizabeta.

Fuck her and her fucking mission in the fucking hospital.

A fucking greed.

I've moved on to doing other peoples missions because I can't be bothered trying to attempt it again. I'll get to the escape and be completely bombarded. Even with body armor.

There's a truck right outside where some of the gangsters left behind, as long as you just run straight out and into it you'll survive (although i lost my entire body armour by the time i got in)

Just dont try and shoot all the cops, run like hell to the car

Theres also a boat nearby on the docks, might make it a bit easier >_>