The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

Bah... more decisions... In regards to the McReary's... again, fairly major spoilers.

So, choosing between Derick and Francis... Smack headed druggy or asshole dirty cop...

I offed Francis. The whole funeral shootout and then escape with his hearse afterwords was brilliant.

I saved to specifically see if anything happens with Derick getting offed.

I actually love that Rockstar's added stuff like this, it ups the replay value up quite a bit.

Guest Kou

I did Snow Storm first try, it's just all about putting a car in easy reach. Most of the later missions I've done first try, the one rockbox was talking about was all Saints Row hotness.

I got the four star wanted level achievement and six star wanted level achievement unlocked. And I went for the Under the Radar achievement and I only have five more bridges to go under but I can't get those as they are on the last island you unlock and attempting those will get me shot down due to having a six star wanted level.

Edited by Fitzy

Guest R.Moncrief

I figured a way to beat Snow Storm that eliminates most of the frustration:

Well, I'm going to assume you walked around the abandoned hospital and climbed up the ladder to gain entry. After killing the two guys on the second floor with you and then the three immediately below by shooting the gas tank, slowly walk on the floor/ceiling beams and eventually you can splinter cell your way into the room with the two guys and the coke. Then when all of the shit hits the fan don't even bother with the damn cops. Jump on the table that had the coke on it, then jump onto the second floor from there and (this requires perfect timing and execution) run over and jump back on the beam you used to get to the coke. Then run over to the ladder and escape the hospital. This can be a pain in the ass to get back on the beams but it is do-able. If you do it this way you avoid 90% of the firefight that comes along with this crazy mission.

I got the 6 stars by going onto the Algonquin Bride while it was blocked off. Thats an automatic 6 stars, then I just hopped down to the subway tracks underneath it and hung out there till I got the achievement. Then I ran through the subway tracks, lost all my stars and jumped off the Algonquin Bridge. This didn't kill me, so I swam up to an island and as soon as I stepped foot on the road a taxi ran me over and killed me.

Hostile Negotiation spoilers:

So I'd rescued Roman and all and we were driving out of the warehouse yard back to the safehouse. But then I must've run over a gas cylinder or something cause we just blew up :@

So I have to do that one all again now.

Guest R.Moncrief

So I'd rescued Roman and all and we were driving out of the warehouse yard back to the safehouse. But then I must've run over a gas cylinder or something cause we just blew up :@

That's not as bad as what happened to me. At the end I missed and put a bullet in Roman instead. Think how I must have felt, lol.

Ugh... more decisions...

Spoilers for what I think is the end of the game.

So yeah, after all this time and shit... I let Darko Brevic go. He was just to pathetic to kill. But I do have a save to see how things work out if you do kill him.

But the decision now is... Kill Dimitri and retain Niko's honour and make Kate happy while pissing Jimmy off and disappointing Roman or go do a deal with the Russians making Roman happy, make Kate hate Niko, likely please Jimmy and completely obliterate any sense of Niko's honour...

Hmmm... Honour and Irish chick it is...

Guest Kou
I got the four star wanted level achievement and six star wanted level achievement unlocked. And I went for the Under the Radar achievement and I only have five more bridges to go under but I can't get those as they are on the last island you unlock and attempting those will get me shot down due to having a six star wanted level.

I did the six star achievement WHILE doing the Under the Radar achievement. SUCK IT DOWN FITZY.

Guest Kou

That's not as bad as what happened to me. At the end I missed and put a bullet in Roman instead. Think how I must have felt, lol.

See what I did was went "Oh they want me to do this in free aim like I have the whole game? Why don't I make it easy." *whips out sniper and pops guy in the head 5 feet away*

Guest Kou

More like you copied Slogger's suck. Or someone else that sucks, I don't know who has it for the PS3.

Also, I've been finding the later game missions pretty easy. I don't think I've had to try a mission twice since I've had access to the AK and Sniper.

Edited by Kou

Well I beat the game...

Major spoilers therein.

I beat it over 10 minutes ago and still the credits are running... right now a long as fuck list about TV voice actors...

Holy fuck is the last mission frustrating. Mainly if you fuck up it becomes rather tiresome to repeat an entire long section.

But yeah, apparently there's two endings (more like mission strands). One if you go and take revenge on Dimitri or if you agree to work with Dimitri.

So going with my prior decision I went and killed the scum. Which results in Kate's death at Roman and Mallorie's wedding due to Pegarino being pissed. Supposedly the other ending is almost a carbon copy of that one. Dimitri fucks the deal over and Roman is instead killed by an assassin at his wedding (as Kate doesn't go). Dimitri is apparently working with Jimmy... and the last missions play out the same but Dimitri kills Jimmy and then Niko takes him out at the Statue of Happiness.

Bleh.

Not even remotely as good as the other games. I like neither, not due to characters dying, but through the whole anti-climactic feel.

It doesn't help that the characters shift in and out of the story at a ridiculous clip and I honestly lost track of how I got to know certain guys through others.

And there's dick all for closure... Dick fucking all. Gerry's story kind of just ends when it seems like there's more to it, same for Derrick. Dwayne is non existent after killing Playboy. I don't know what the fuck happened to Elizabeta. That U L Paper Fed dude's involvement is fucking just left hanging, as is the entirety of anything close to closure in regards to Michelle.

And the biggest annoyance I had, Bulgarin. The guy shows up very early on to instigate the Dimitri turn, is the reason why Niko's even in Liberty City (running from him after all) and is a catalyst for later events... But the moment he crashes Packie's diamond theft.... that's it. Where the fuck does he go?

And neither ending is satisfying... Dimitri is bult up like a prick early on with kidnapping Roman and such, but then not much aside from a random phone call or a shitty "he was involved somehow". And Jimmy goes from your buddy to "big bad" awfully fucking quick and it just feels empty...

But this all leads to one thing I'm certain of... The DLC that the 360 version is getting to 'finish' the story. And if that's the case, ugh.

The game is great though. A lot of the missions were fun, but nothing really as memorable as stuff from the others. This one didn't hook me like the others for whatever reason. The story, albeit decent enough, kind of flew by with a lot of missions having no relevance (stuff in Vice City and San Andreas in particular generally always felt like it was furthering the overall plot of goal).

All the new additions and that are just superb as everyone already knows, and I'm sure once I plow into online now I'll have a blast with it. Just the main game's story seems rather meandering and poorly placed if not poorly executed.

And it seems blatantly obvious, just from my own opinion really, that the next game will take place in Vice City and then we'll see San Andreas realized again. Just a hunch.

What do you press to access the Police Computer? There's a bit of my screen missing at the top because it doesn't size correctly onto my TV so I can't see what you have to press. (I'm playing it on 360)

EDIT: Nevermind found it.

Edited by dukechill

Same fucking thing happened to me. Awesome mission thouh.

Question on Roman's taxi stuff.

I haven't done a single mission yet but of course his business got blown up, so am I out of luck or does his business come back eventually?

It comes back.

More like you copied Slogger's suck. Or someone else that sucks, I don't know who has it for the PS3.

Also, I've been finding the later game missions pretty easy. I don't think I've had to try a mission twice since I've had access to the AK and Sniper.

Not tonight, I played with squeak and i barely lost.

I did the six star achievement WHILE doing the Under the Radar achievement. SUCK IT DOWN FITZY.

That's how I got the six star as well but as soon as I got low I got shot. :(