The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

So, I make my first attempt at Three Leaf Clover, I do pretty well, lose my wanted level with a small amount of health, decide to ditch my smoking husk of a vehicle for a shiny new car across the street...

And I get hit by a taxi and die. Fuck.

A question about the mission arises

I recall, in Vice City if your partners for the bank mission died, you got a bigger payout for the mission. Is it the same with this mission? Or is it over if Packie or his brother die?

I'd imagine it's over. That's how it was in the other "heist" Mafia mission.

I just tried my first attempt at Three Leaf Clover. Was doing great until I had a mishap with a grenade and blew myself up. <_<

Guest Big Dog
Has Jeff (the guy who killed his wife and had you dump her body) died in your games? After the third time when I saw him, he had some sort of mission for me, he got run over by a englishman(?) when he was crossing the street. The guy called police/paramedics and left. And I had a message saying that "Jeff has died in a accident".
Edited by Big Dog

Has Jeff (the guy who killed his wife and had you dump her body) died in your games? After the third time when I saw him, he had some sort of mission for me, he got run over by a englishman(?) when he was crossing the street. The guy called police/paramedics and left. And I had a message saying that "Jeff has died in a accident".

Yeah, it's meant to happenp

Did anyone else get the "No More Strangers" achievement yet? I just got it now.

I got it, though apparently I'm still to meet a 'Sara'.

I don't see what is so hard about the 30 hours achievement. I did it in 25 hours. Then again I knew I was going to spend all of my time messing around and making friends after I beat the game because I would have a lot of money.

It probably isn't that hard if you just do the missions, but as I say I spent a lot of time at the start just trying out different things, playing pool, darts, generally going out with friends when they called you. Heck, I played QUB3D in the social club for friggin ages after I whooped Jacob's ass at pool.

Well, thankfully I saved before the final mission as I was reading on here there were two choices for different endings. Even though I was only on 90 missions at the time the choices came up I figured this is the final mission and saved at a safehouse before I made my choice. Went one way last night for the agonising 30:01:12 playing time, then was lying in bed thinking "hang on, when I load in the game to pick the other choice, my playing time will go back to what it was too, surely?". Sure enough, it was back at about 28:45 when I loaded back in today. So I went the other way, had to try a couple of times again and this time skipped the credits for a time of about 29:45 by the time all was said and done, so I got the achievement in the end. Seriously, the credits take about 20+ minutes or something, so I would've gone over again if I hadn't skipped them.

EDIT: Question - is there an easy way to get a 6 star wanted level once you've unlocked all the islands? I know if you try to cross one before it's unlocked you get 6 stars immediately, but is there a quick way to trigger it once you can go anywhere you want?

Edited by Scott McFly

EDIT: Question - is there an easy way to get a 6 star wanted level once you've unlocked all the islands? I know if you try to cross one before it's unlocked you get 6 stars immediately, but is there a quick way to trigger it once you can go anywhere you want?

The way I got it was

if ya killed Playboy X and have his place, go on the roof and get things started by sniping a couple people. Then when the cops come toss some grenades/rocket launcher to blow up their cars. There's a object between the fire escape and the apartment that you can hide behind. The cops don't come all the way up for some reason, they seem to stop on the other side of the fire escape, so you can pick them off from behind the cover. When the hjelicopter comes just pick off the two gunners<or blow it if ya have rocket launcher, I didn't have it when I did it so I just sniped the gunners> When the attack copter comes for some reason it can't seem to get a shot on ya so just keep killing cops till ya hit 6 stars and wait for the time to come.

Did anyone else get the "No More Strangers" achievement yet? I just got it now.

I got it, though apparently I'm still to meet a 'Sara'.

Blessing in disguise. :shifty: That bitch is annoying.

Need some help on the final mission.

Okay so I get onto the bike and start chasing down Peg. It tells me to take that jump so I do and I always end up in the water. What the hell is the point of telling me to do this if it constantly ends up with me in the water? Is there another way to beat this mission? It's getting frustrating and not fun at all at this point. :/

Nevermind, I was just hitting the ramp a little too late to count.

Edited by Fitzy

Need some help on the final mission.

Okay so I get onto the bike and start chasing down Peg. It tells me to take that jump so I do and I always end up in the water. What the hell is the point of telling me to do this if it constantly ends up with me in the water? Is there another way to beat this mission? It's getting frustrating and not fun at all at this point. :/

Nevermind, I was just hitting the ramp a little too late to count.

Indeed, you need to be going a fair speed when it tells you to accelerate towards the ramp, then you'll need to go full speed from then on.

I seriously hate the blow up ten cars in ten seconds achievement. I got a bus, parked it on the bridge. 20 cars lined up. I went down the list dropping grenades. No achievement. Tried it again at the Times Square area. Took out the RPG and let loose all eight of those at ten cars blocked off and several in the area. Still no achievement! :angry:

Edited by Fitzy

What happens if you...

Choose to go to the deal and get the money instead of getting revenge? Do you end up with a mansion or anything like that?

You get a slightly different result, a slightly different final mission, a worse end result, and the same amount of money ($250000)