The Anime Thread

Ruki

Is Seitokai Yakuindomo any good? It looks like it might be. Wake Up, Girls! looks interesting too, the sort of thing I'd enjoy.

HOLY SHIT WHAT A LUPIN VS. CONAN MOVIE?

SYD is pretty popular so that makes me suspect it's good.

Also I just got back from Madoka Magica: Rebellion. Seeing it in a theater was a great time.

So it is now canon that Sayaka and Kyoko are lesbians and in love, this was such a fantastic moment. Beyond that, shit shit shit shit shit, Homura is the Devil to Madoka's God. I knew Homura was gonna fuck shit up since she was the only person to remember Madoka existed but holy fuck, she's more powerful than the Incubators.

I love that episode 10 of Kill La Kill is called "I want to know more about you", when it will (I assume) be about the computery guy we know nothing about.

Edit:

Well...that was surprising. And Mako is now cheering for herself. yay Mako! Go Mako! Mako is the best!

I've not watched it, the show has a decent fanbase. I'm beyond burnt out on shows of that type.

As for today in anime.

Samurai Flamenco ep. 10 was great. So great. You all should be giving this show a shot.

Kill la Kill ep. 11 was... wow.... holy shit.

THE REVEAL! I knew it wasn't Satsuki, but instead it's someone under Satsuki's mom. The real villains are finally get revealed and I'm curious where Satsuki fits into all of this. Her and Ryuuko becoming allies wouldn't shock me at all.

Next week can't come soon enough.

Rosario + Vampire seems to be my next anime. Man, it seems Netflix has cut it's selection way down on streaming.

Seriously, the first part of her vampire transformation is that her ass gets bigger.

Anyway, I like the show overall. I have the same thought about it as I do about Highshcool of The Dead though, it has way more boobs and buts than the idea calls for.

I like that the second episode features a succubus. Succubus against Vampire is an interesting idea I never thought of.

Rosario + Vampire seems to be my next anime. Man, it seems Netflix has cut it's selection way down on streaming.

I'm thinking anything Netflix has cut back on is because Daisuki, Crunchyroll, Hulu, or Funi has streaming on their websites/services. Netflix was never able to really catch the anime fanbase.

Oh yeah, Funi uploads anime straight to youtube. Forgot about that. Too bad youtube fucks up on my ps3 all the time and stops mid-video. Netflix always works great.

Tonight I shall start plowing through Gundam Wing. Around 50 episodes and one movie.

Pretty much just Wing. I saw one of the older ones too on some Digital Cable channel a long time ago but I honestly can't remember which one that was.

Edit:Seems to be Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam.

The only Gundam I've watched is Gundam Seed.

Also! just watched the first episode of SF. It wasn't bad!

Never tell a hardcore mecha fan you've only watched Seed (despite it not being all that bad it's just reviled in the fanbase for some reason). Zeta, and really anything UC, is the best Gundam there is (but especially Zeta). Gundam 00 is great, especially the first season, and really is what Wing should have been. Setsuna and Graham are really similar to Amuro Ray and Char. I recently got around to watch Gundam X and it's got a lot of potential that it never fully realizes. It got cancelled early too because it wound running into the mecha-killing buzzsaw that was Evangelion (they aired at the same time).

Keep going with SF Ruki, it builds itself up very nicely. It was a slow start admittedly.

Never tell a hardcore mecha fan you've only watched Seed (despite it not being all that bad it's just reviled in the fanbase for some reason). Zeta, and really anything UC, is the best Gundam there is (but especially Zeta). Gundam 00 is great, especially the first season, and really is what Wing should have been. Setsuna and Graham are really similar to Amuro Ray and Char. I recently got around to watch Gundam X and it's got a lot of potential that it never fully realizes. It got cancelled early too because it wound running into the mecha-killing buzzsaw that was Evangelion (they aired at the same time).

Keep going with SF Ruki, it builds itself up very nicely. It was a slow start admittedly.

I know Wing takes place in another timeline but to as far as ones that take place in the main timeline do I need to watch previous series to understand what's happening in another?

I know Wing takes place in another timeline but to as far as ones that take place in the main timeline do I need to watch previous series to understand what's happening in another?

You don't necessarily but it's advised to just jump in at the start of UC with 0079 and keep working your way forward. http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Universal_Century (you can skip IGLOO)

When does it go from 'pretty good' to 'omg amazaballs'?

Episode 7