Ingerland vs. Switzerland

therockbox

England Team: James, Brown, Ferdinand, Upson, A.Cole, Bentley, Jenas, Gerrard, Barry, J.Cole, Rooney

Obviously a bit more than your run of the mill friendly, and it's nice to see James back in the team (although it's come about four games too late). Bentley deserves his chance as well, and it'll be interesting to see how Cole plays just behind Rooney.

Prediction: 3-0 with Gerrard, Rooney and Cole to score.

Edited by therockbox

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he's possibly been one of the best midfielders in the past few weeks or so. He's been playing really well, but yeah, it's Jenas so, lol.

FIRST GOAL FOR JENAS IN THE FIRST MATCH UNDER CAPELLO, THE FIRST MATCH FOR THE ITALIAN AND ENGLAND HAVE SCORED THE FIRST GOAL AND IT'S A FIRST GOAL FOR JENAS

Well, he's possibly been one of the best midfielders in the past few weeks or so. He's been playing really well, but yeah, it's Jenas so, lol.

FIRST GOAL FOR JENAS IN THE FIRST MATCH UNDER CAPELLO, THE FIRST MATCH FOR THE ITALIAN AND ENGLAND HAVE SCORED THE FIRST GOAL AND IT'S A FIRST GOAL FOR JENAS

...Apparantly.

Loved the casual "NFL meant we didn't get into Euro 2008"

Fuck off. Croatia played on the same pitch and seemed to cope fine.

Added to the fact that Croatia got beat by Macedonia on a shit pitch a few days before, then beat us on a shit pitch.

I must have been watching a very different game, since I think Rooney played awfully. There were two opportunities that he should have scored. I don't give a shit whether he gave an "energetic" performance or not, he scuffed two very clear chances. Bentley seemed to play well, and Upson didn't do as badly as I expected. I think Ashley Young should have been given more of a shot than he was.

To be honest I thought he wudda taken Bentley off to give Young a chance but glad he didn't, got him his first full 90 minutes. The other dude that wasn't Lawrenson needs to get off Beckhams cock: "Maybe Capello didn't give Beckham his 100th cap tonight because Capello wanted it to be his night and not Beckhams night." No, Beckham plays for a pub side, Bentley, Young and Wright Phillips are all playing better than Beckham is (hell Beckham aint even playin), thats why Beckham wasn't played.