TNA iMPACT! video game

Jayzon

Right now, I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt. If the gameplay is good, then I'll be happy. Obviously, they're looking at making this into an annual thing, and if they do, then I will not only hope for, but expect that there be some vast improvements made to the story mode.

Also, I think they've had enough different real set-ups that they could do fine with real arenas.

You could have:

House Show Arena (A highschool gym with ring and a small entrance setup)

Impact Zone

Generic PPV Setup...

the different special PPV setups they've had. I know Bound for Glory was set up differently than the rest, and I'm sure there were more.

Plus, you could have the Asylum in Nashville... and the building they ran in Alabama for the first few weeks.

Also, the Japanese arena they used in their joint shows with New Japan Pro Wrestling.

An addition I'd really like to see, is for TNA to work out agreements with these companies they work with to have a small faction of guys (5 to 10) from each of those companies in the game. Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to unlock Hiroshi Tanahashi, Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask, and other New Japan stars who've appeared in TNA?

Moreover, that could play part of the story mode, where you start at the bottom and work your way to the top, eventually finding yourself on a Japanese tour, where it's TNA Vs New Japan, and anyone you defeat is unlocked. Who you'd wrestle would depend on what division you were in, as X guys would face Juniors and Tag Teams would face other teams obviously.

There's a lot that TNA can do to make this work.. but for the first installment, the only thing I'm really worried about is the gameplay, and that will sell me on whether or not to continue caring about future installments of the game.

An addition I'd really like to see, is for TNA to work out agreements with these companies they work with to have a small faction of guys (5 to 10) from each of those companies in the game. Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to unlock Hiroshi Tanahashi, Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask, and other New Japan stars who've appeared in TNA?

Can't happen. The publisher for SVR is the same publisher for the Japanese wrestling game. At best, it'd be like in Fire Pro, where fictional characters have the same likeness as their real counterparts.

I can't be the only one who ever played that Robot Wars game ages ago, remember that there was only ever one studio? They created different arenas with different themes which kinda fit in with the whole game engine like a missile silo, cruise ship n' a tokyo rooftop.

If this is going to be an arcade style game then I wouldn't mind a wrestling match on some cruise ship or another outlandish environment, surely we remember playing smackdown and getting pissed off at the limited backstage areas? Hopefully this should give us something that the Smackdown serioes has been lacking since HCTP.

Can't happen. The publisher for SVR is the same publisher for the Japanese wrestling game. At best, it'd be like in Fire Pro, where fictional characters have the same likeness as their real counterparts.

One of the major parties involved in WWE's games is leaving after SVR2009... so if it's the right parties, I'm sure something could be worked out. Even if it isn't, Justin Thunder and Hiroshi Tanshi are good enough for me.

They could always do something where we could edit pre-existing names and other such things... that way, you get the game without any legal issues... and then you rename them and have the proper everything.

According to Amazon:

Pre-order "TNA Impact" for Xbox 360 and receive an Amazon exclusive in-game character unlock code for Spike TV's Mike Tenay as a gift with your purchase. The code to access the character will be sent to you via email after the game releases. Offer good while supplies last.

... sweet!

My god I want this. The new screenshot of Sting on IGN looks almost real.

Though, is it still coming out on June 24th/26th (as it has been for a while and still says on wiki and on Play still) or in September as the end of one of those vids and in the write up suggests?

It's turning into a GTA4-delay-o-rama.

--The TNA videogame that was scheduled to come out in May has been delaped until September. TNA was expecting the game to make a significant difference this year on its bottom line. Midway looks like it's going through some problems with the CEO just resigning.

OUCH. From next month to late this year? That's a pretty damn huge setback.

• 2 weeks later...

Meh only a couple of months, not like we'd be playing anything but GTA until then anyway.

The trailer has recently came to Xbox Live and looks pretty good, until I watched it on a HD screen I didn't notice the similarities between this and Legends of Wrestling. Looks good and if they can improve the control system from LOW then this could turn out excelent

• 1 month later...

In case anyone hadn't checked out the TNA Impact game site in a while, its been updated and improved. A lot. Featuring wallpapers too, and a confirmed roster (though about 6 places are still unnamed).

Though who's entrance music is it when you click on the Features page? I presume it's the same music on the US version of the site as it is on the UK version.

• 1 month later...

Well, I saw a cover posted before (I think it had Angle, AJ and Joe on it) and didn't like it. All 3 of them looked constipated. Now, I was searching some site for Top Spin 3 tips, when I stumbled across a different cover for the TNA game...

2101456.jpg?1208609014

I'm not sure if that's the proper cover or not, but it sure as hell looks better than the one I saw on here before.

Edited by Baddji